Discuss Tenant wants a gas cooker fitted in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matt06

Gas Engineer
Hello, A tenant wants a gas cooker fitted there is a gas pipe there but no bayonet, Is it ok to work on the gas pipe on behalf of the tenant I told tenant to tell the landlord

Thnks

I tend not to believe a great deal without some evidence.

From a TENANCY AGREEMENT

THE TENANT AGREES with the Landlord as follows:

3.23 Not to hang any pictures or fix anything to the premises without the Landlord’s consent.

3.28 Not to make any alteration or addition to the premises or their contents.

3.29 Not to tamper or interfere with alter or add to the gas, water or electrical installations or meters serving the premises.

From a TENANCY AGREEMENT

THE TENANT AGREES with the Landlord as follows:

3.23 Not to hang any pictures or fix anything to the premises without the Landlord’s consent.

3.28 Not to make any alteration or addition to the premises or their contents.

3.29 Not to tamper or interfere with alter or add to the gas, water or electrical installations or meters serving the premises.

Agreed. The TENANT has to seek permission. If someones goes to paint the house, is HE going to contact the council, or will he assume that permissions are granted. Our contract is with the tenant, we may not even know that the house is rented, which is why my clause is on ALL contracts. There is nothing as far as I am aware that puts us on the onus to spend an age contacting LLords who probably don;t care

Agreed. The TENANT has to seek permission. If someones goes to paint the house, is HE going to contact the council, or will he assume that permissions are granted. Our contract is with the tenant, we may not even know that the house is rented, which is why my clause is on ALL contracts. There is nothing as far as I am aware that puts us on the onus to spend an age contacting LLords who probably don;t care

Perhaps you should re-read my post? I didn't suggest contacting the landlord. I said that given that the law requires tenants to have permission for certain works to be carried out, the onus is on you to ensure permission had been obtained, by asking to see a letter or email.

Would you build an extension without seeing planning consent? Would you buy a car without checking that the seller actually has the right to sell it? Same principle in law.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Tenant wants a gas cooker fitted in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back