Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Tax refund scam warning in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

jtsplumbing

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
Hi guys, just received a second email claiming to be from HMRC, saying that I am due a Tax refund ! Please fill in the attached form, when you open it up it is a form requesting all your Credit Card information, Never known HMRC to do this , I think this could be a Massive scam ! Give them the details they are asking for and I think you would get your Bank account emptied very quick

It is a scam. My accountant told me about it about six months ago.

Another one that is doing the rounds is from Amazon.

if you pm me your card details ill make sure you get removed from the scammers lists. ;)

if you pm me your card details ill make sure you get removed from the scammers lists. ;)
Not a problem, all my details are on the way, are you OK dealing with offshore accounts, Please note that most of my assets have been converted to Gold & Diamonds, he rest I keep under the bed.

There are loads of HMRC scam emails, and they even appear to have legit HMRC email addresses.
I seem to recall hmrc have a page on it somewhere. Best to simply never open all file that appears to come from them because they don't communicate that way.
They would ask you to go to their site and log in with your usual log in details.

See the HMRC now want the rights to grab money out of your or any relatives Bank accounts , savings ect if they think you are hiding it away in someone else's account they will take it from that, Bet they don't do it to the big Co or MPs

See the HMRC now want the rights to grab money out of your or any relatives Bank accounts , savings ect if they think you are hiding it away in someone else's account they will take it from that, Bet they don't do it to the big Co or MPs

only if you have more than £5k in the account and owe over £1k despite several demands being avoided, so have several accounts with less than £5k :)

If HMRC owe you money (say you are due a tax refund), they will mostly sent it to your bank account. This bank account is always requested for when you fill in an submit your tax returns. If you declined providing your bank details, they will just post the cheque to you. They will NEVER ask you to fill in a form online as the scammers do.
DO NOT OPEN THE MAIL.

Also the PayPal scam regarding a Skype payment! They ask for your paypal log in details .... Always someone after your hard earned money

only if you have more than £5k in the account and owe over £1k despite several demands being avoided, so have several accounts with less than £5k :)
Ok, but will they be grabbing it back the same way from the multi-nationals who owe millions in tax, or just the small guys again ! easy targets

Hmrc send a refund? They sent me a cheque a few years ago for a lot of over charged tax..... It never arrived....... Again requested it........ Sent but never arrived........ Seems they had wrong address. Odd how they requested money from right address. Thought I was only person who used cheque in post scam at merchants?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Tax refund scam warning in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended...
Replies
Views
Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock