Discuss tap position in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

michelleaf

I want to install a bath that has a gap at the end to the wall of about 8 inches so Im going to get it tiled as a shelf to put on shampoo/candles etc. My tap will be fitted into the wall that the bath sits against. Do I centre the tap to the bath or to the whole wall (bath + 8 inches)? Dont want to make a stupid mistake I'll regret - I've tried to look at some photos from other bathrooms but cant find any - help please

I think it'd look odd if it wasn't centre of the bath,don't you, michelleaf?

Or well off centre so it looks like it's done for a reason?

Personally I'd go for centre of bath but sometimes centering things just doesn't look right.

why not centre the bath, have a 4 inch shelf on both ends and centre the tap to the bath

personaly i dislike shelves that sit flush to the level of the bath always dificult to make water tight , keep clean and to finish well
id center the bath on the wall and have a 4 inch boxing one tile higher than the bath each end

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to tap position in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock