Currently reading:
tap position

Discuss tap position in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

michelleaf

I want to install a bath that has a gap at the end to the wall of about 8 inches so Im going to get it tiled as a shelf to put on shampoo/candles etc. My tap will be fitted into the wall that the bath sits against. Do I centre the tap to the bath or to the whole wall (bath + 8 inches)? Dont want to make a stupid mistake I'll regret - I've tried to look at some photos from other bathrooms but cant find any - help please

I think it'd look odd if it wasn't centre of the bath,don't you, michelleaf?

Or well off centre so it looks like it's done for a reason?

Personally I'd go for centre of bath but sometimes centering things just doesn't look right.

why not centre the bath, have a 4 inch shelf on both ends and centre the tap to the bath

personaly i dislike shelves that sit flush to the level of the bath always dificult to make water tight , keep clean and to finish well
id center the bath on the wall and have a 4 inch boxing one tile higher than the bath each end

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to tap position in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back