Search the forum,

Discuss Tap gland in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi, trying to change the tap glands on my bath taps and I’ve undone the gland easy enough but it won’t pull out of the tap I put it all back together as I didn’t want to force it, does the other hex part of the tap have to be unthreaded as it looks like an extra flange, thanks

Do you know if they’re compression type (sounds like it) or quarter turn?
Hi, they’re compression type on some old bath tap’s, not sure if I should spray some silicone spray or something and pull again.?
AC522D7A-B444-4AA4-B0D6-87DCD53A47ED.jpeg

It’ll just be the rubber washer stopping it, just pull a little harder and then remove the remnants of the washer.
I’ll try again another day, I didn’t know if it was something to do with what looks like maybe an adaptor to go from 3/4 to 1/2 as you can see another hex nut in the picture but I wouldn’t of thought that would be stopping it coming out.

Reply to Tap gland in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question. I have a leaking kitchen tap. I'm a bit confused on the part I need to get. On Screwfix I can see "Flomasta 1/2 inch BSP quarter turn ceramic tap glands" - are these the right parts? But I can also see 8x8mm 20-tooth spines, 9x9mm 20-Tooth Spines and others - which of these...
Replies
Views
I have an underground stopcock that is leaking a lot through the gland. I have dug down three foot to access the stopcock as I also want to move the 28mm black plastic pipe two feet to the right as well as be sure what was leaking the pipes or the gland. The tap is brass with brass nuts. What is...
Replies
Views
I purchased 2x 1/2” tap gland for my basin because the hot one was faulty. I had to turn the stopcock of in the kitchen. I also had to turn off the mains on the pavement outside. I replaced the glands and the hot is working fine. But the cold tap does not turn off at all, with the new...
Replies
Views
Hi I bought a basin tap single lever. It lifts up & to the right but won’t turn to the left for hot I haven installed it yet I’ve only put it on my worktop.
Replies
Views
Hi folks Really daft question here but what tap connectors are you all using? I’ve picked up a couple of end feed with fibre washers today and the washers didn’t fit. Just would not fit over the little spigot that sits just inside the tap. I ended up using different washers which were baggy...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock