Search the forum,

Discuss Tap connectors any recommendations?? in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

macka09

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Hi folks

Really daft question here but what tap connectors are you all using?

I’ve picked up a couple of end feed with fibre washers today and the washers didn’t fit. Just would not fit over the little spigot that sits just inside the tap.

I ended up using different washers which were baggy and not sealing to good.

These were 3/4” for bath taps. Flexis were out of the question as that was what had blown.

Cheers

Endfeed tap connectors with hep20 washers

I use polypipe tap connectors as its a million times easier to use them in tight positions and don't need as much torque, done the same for tank connectors (although fitting these are few and far between nowadays!)

If its a pedastal basin with twin taps and I can't use flexis I'll use soldered with fibre washers

Can the washers be bought on there own?

Fibre washers and endfeed connectors.
If the washer won’t go on the spigot- spend a few seconds with a rat’s tail file whizzing around the inside of the fibre washer.

Was just going to ask if anyone now uses the flat hep20 washers when connecting 62 tap connectors instead of the fibres. As it difficult to get a good fit

All I use now

Reply to Tap connectors any recommendations?? in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello, I’ve used the hep20 tap connectors a few years back when I did. C&G plumbing course. I brought a few the other day and in the packet was a loose washer (not the tap flat washer). Can anyone tell me what it is used. I’m using copper pipe btw. Regards Tezzer
Replies
Views
Hi I'm going to be fitting a tap like this one: And just wanted to check that this is the correct part for connecting to 15mm copper pipe using compression: https://www.NoLinkingToThis/p/flomasta-compression-straight-tap-connector-15mm-x-1-2-/58294 If not, please could someone let me know...
Replies
Views
Hello, I have a troublesome fixed 15mm copper pipe with isolation valve going to my toilet fill valve. It's too tight for a Flexi hose. Can I use a push fit tap connector instead which will give me more flexibility in fitting?
Replies
Views
Forgive my ignorance, with this basic question, but I seem to be struggling to both understand, search for, and source, the appropriate washer, o-ring or gland, for this type of tap. Maybe, no one ever replaces this type of washer/component? Background: I discovered a leak in the cupboard from...
Replies
Views
Hi I am trying to replace my bathroom tap with a new one, I am trying to remove the existing rusty flexible tap connectors from this bit of 22mm copper pipe. But this thing is not budging at all its like its welded or super glued on, I am using some water pliers on both points here but its not...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock