Discuss Suggest gas combi boiler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
The next time I'm over I'll take you to the pub so you can buy us a few single malts each.

I'll explain how DiHi can be utilised without worry or harm to the environment or bricks and mortar.

There is a bit of a fine balance in getting the volume correct but you'll thank me for the knowledge afterwards.

If you post it in The Plumbers Arms I`ll buy you a virtual single malt mate, this is all new tech to me and I wanna know more about it.

Morning grumpy, I still prefer calling you the evil shopkeeper cos your a tease with your freebies lol.

He probably grew up watching ' Open all Hours ' ( is that the show with the shop keeper)
From memory - the shopkeeper didn't give anything away unless there was a profit in it for him.

What was the shopkeepers name?

Awkright, the late great Ronnie Barker. Little known fact is that he used to send in script ideas under a false name to be sure that they were used under merit alone and not just because he wrote them.

Morning grumpy, I still prefer calling you the evil shopkeeper cos your a tease with your freebies lol.

I bet you he's making a fortune out of supplying boiler manufacturers with up to date, minute by minute 'live' reviews of what plumbers think of their combi boilers.

does anyone else feel were getting to complicated in the methods we use to heat our homes you will need a degree to be a plumber within 5 years

You mean there's plumbers on here without a degree :0 I'm shocked... They should be removed from the site or something ;)

He probably grew up watching ' Open all Hours ' ( is that the show with the shop keeper)
From memory - the shopkeeper didn't give anything away unless there was a profit in it for him.

I'm afraid I was already grown up by then. When I was growing up, Ronnie Barker was in prison, doing Porridge.

Reminds me more of Aunty Wainwright from Last of the Summer Wine. Nobody escapes without buying something they never knew they needed! :D

This is my comparison:
http://i.*********/yYyEw1f.jpg

No solid winner here :(

Last edited:
This is insane, you are asking for the boiler that not only ticks all the boxes, but gets an a* in every box. This just doesn't exist. Same with cars, you can't have performance and efficiency. Yes there is a Tesla but you suffer from low range and lack of dealers for repairs.

Your spreadsheet lays out just a few of the features, what about warranty?, what about spare part costs? What if it doesn't fit a standard cupboard and you need to pay more for a bespoke cupboard.

Also your installer will know his preferred boilers and be comfortable with them, anything else will naturally take a bit longer

You could spend a year on this project and finally save £6.50 per annum only to realise that the money you have spent on powering up your laptop screen probably outweighs it.

Go with what your installer recommends, start shopping and Aldi and feel the savings. Everyone one is a winner then

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Suggest gas combi boiler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I have I blend valve from Nu-Heat ( they bought it from Reliance, as per attached spec). I have dismantled the valve now 3 times and...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi all. I recently upgraded our CH system, but rather than the expected drop in gas consumption, Octopus is saying we're using roughly 30% more...
Replies
Views
Hi, Non-professional / knowledgeable person here. I'm a Brit in Romania who volunteers for a charity building an old peoples home for needy old...
Replies
Views
Hi All, Looking for a bit of advice on the best way to pipe this. - 24kW Worcester regular boiler in kitchen, approx. 9 years old - unvented...
Replies
Views
Hi there, thanks for your time to look at this record long post!! I work on the operational management side or a small building contracting firm...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock