Discuss Suggest gas combi boiler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
and have you check ip addy its not a modd winding us up??????

I`m not mod and not winding anybody up - why would I? I`m just an ordinary guy who wants to buy best boiler available. I don`t buy installers/sellers sales talks, I always carry out my own research. I`m not plumber or heating engineer. I simply spent few days researching boilers, specs, technologies and spoke to few boiler manufacturers. Now I got some understanding what is what.

Your having a laugh mate first person I've heard worrying about fecking db level of their new boiler. what planet are you on because it aint the same one as most on here anyway:conehead:

Baxi Platinum 24 HE A

Seasonal efficiency % 91.1 - very impressive
Power consumption 155w - oh my Jesus Lord, are they serious?
9.8L/min@35 degrees - rubbish

No dB shown again. I assume at 155w it won`t be anything below 50dB.

Platinum isn`t really a platinum I guess.

Your having a laugh mate first person I've heard worrying about fecking db level of their new boiler.

I do care about my comfort. Why would I listen to the boiler noise if I can avoid that?

Vaillant ecoPro & Plus do not specify dB levels on their website, just "Quiet mark" approved. QM website also has no info on this boiler. But when I phoned Vaillant, turns out they produce 45 dB. Trying to make impression they are something super quiet, when they are far from that. Viessmann are below 40dB for example.

Last edited:
I do care about my comfort. Why would I listen to the boiler noise if I can avoid that?

Does not matter which boiler you put in its never going to be silent, unless of course you leave it switched off which in your case I suggest as it might affect your comfort if god forbid your super dooper new stainless steel boiler makes a racket.

I suggest you speak to an Installer and get some advice and a quote and you choose the boiler because with the demands you have your never going to be happy with what is suggested. By the way expect to pay a few grand more due to your impossible spec your trying to work too and the stress your going to cause the guy. Personally no money would make me want to do the job with the way you've been on here.

I know I`m demanding customer, but hey - its my hard earned money and why should I waste it on medicore product, which directly affects my annual bills and every day living comfort?

Maybe I should organise boiler manufacturing? I would call it Ultimate Gold and it would have all the top specs and best quality components inside :)

It would be:

24kw
92.5% annual because it would have passive flue gas heat recovery
10.8L/min@35
1:10 modulation
Below 40dB when burning at max
Stainless steel HE +brass/copper components
Graphite seals
Colour 5" touchscreen
85w when burning at max, 5w when idle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Suggest gas combi boiler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I have I blend valve from Nu-Heat ( they bought it from Reliance, as per attached spec). I have dismantled the valve now 3 times and...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi all. I recently upgraded our CH system, but rather than the expected drop in gas consumption, Octopus is saying we're using roughly 30% more...
Replies
Views
Hi, Non-professional / knowledgeable person here. I'm a Brit in Romania who volunteers for a charity building an old peoples home for needy old...
Replies
Views
Hi All, Looking for a bit of advice on the best way to pipe this. - 24kW Worcester regular boiler in kitchen, approx. 9 years old - unvented...
Replies
Views
Hi there, thanks for your time to look at this record long post!! I work on the operational management side or a small building contracting firm...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock