Search the forum,

Discuss Stud and cable detector in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Guest123

Anyone recommend a decent one? I had one and binned it because it gave false readings and was rubbish. I'd like a really good reliable one that works!

There is a Bosch one for roughly £79 but it gets very mixed reviews. Ultimate Handyman seems to have some look with this powerful magnet for studwork.

Stud finder - YouTube

I was drilling holes all day today in an old wall with the gas meter and electric box etc on it for battons. Just blind luck I didn't hit anything or game over. Not good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Stud and cable detector in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello all, This is a follow-up to this post: Fit wall-hung toilet to inside stud wall? - https://www.plumbersforums.net/threads/fit-wall-hung-toilet-to-inside-stud-wall.127877/. I'd like to fit a cistern into a stud wall, which is 100mm wide. Typically, the dimensions of the toilet fixing...
Replies
Views
Hello all, We have a small bathroom, which currently has the toilet on the outside wall, and the sink on the inside wall. What are the chances/challenges of switching this round, i.e., fitting the toilet to the inside wall? Here's what I mean: So toilet would be hung from the stud wall, with...
Replies
Views
    • Winner
Hi all, I joined today and am a newbie at plumbing DIY. Thought I'd share my experience replacing the stopcock under my sink. The old one looked very corroded around the tap handle. An Anglian Water engineer was at the property measuring my water pressure and flow rate. When he saw the...
Replies
Views
Hi Some people (not plumbers) have advised me that it's not such a good idea to a) Have 4 x 90deg bends in a sewer pipe and b) Encase these pipes in the concrete walls of the new pool. You can see the problem in this video: and the re-routed pipes here that will be encased in the concrete...
Replies
Views
Hello. I've just replaced our old Potterton EP2 CH controller with a Drayton Wiser HubR (& peripherals). The old backing plate wasn't compatible with the new universal one, but the wiring was pretty close AFAICT (N, L, 1, 3 & 4 connected) .When I first powered it up but didn't have any TRVs...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock