Search the forum,

Discuss Sponsored thread - www.tradeonlyplumbing.co.uk BETA test in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
and removing the cork from a bottle of plonk.:)

mmmm. A very acceptable 2011 Bordeaux Superior. One of three I bought for someone else who was doing me a favour. He failed to turn up, so stuff him - I'm having it. Much better than my normal weekday paint-stripper.

And maybe by the time I get home, someone will have actually bought something! :)

A random prize of doubtful value to the first five orders received. :)

Looks like we will be shipping some Boddingtons tomorrow then - we have our very first order, and thats how he rolls...

How much for free delivery ray I can never remember

How much for free delivery ray I can never remember

£100 Matt.

But we have trucks where you are every day of the week, so chat Ian or his team up, and you will probably be OK for less, so long as you don't ask us to deliver a single 15mm coupling. :)

Ray

Ha ha nice one cheers. Need some silly bits and I see you also do black mamba gloves for a damn sight less than anywhere else

Another question ray!
as account holders do we have to credit our account or can we use customers cards.....

I've signed up :) looks a great site ray!!!!

i don't do any of my own work so I don't really know about prices etc etc, but I've just asked my mate how much he pays for a boiler and you're cheaper ;-)

come april when I start to seriously look at properties again, the first thing I'll be doing is sticking anew boiler in and I'll be buying from you mate :)

mmmm. A very acceptable 2011 Bordeaux Superior. One of three I bought for someone else who was doing me a favour. He failed to turn up, so stuff him - I'm having it. Much better than my normal weekday paint-stripper.

Looks like we will be shipping some Boddingtons tomorrow then - we have our very first order, and thats how he rolls...
Sorry Ray, but only her indoors drinks the red or white vinegar.! Bitter everyone for me!:smilewinkgrin:

I don't know if this has been raised but I can see most of the prices baxi aqueous logic bahco and a few others other pages it asks I sign in to buy. Also it offers me a button to log out yet I haven't registered for it, that was from your link in the OP

I'm signed up twice maybe 3 times with differenht email addresses.
I was on the phone when doing it and not really paying attention. It said something about gas safe not recognised but it was.
Anyway i can see it :smile:

I was on the phone when doing it and not really paying attention. It said something about gas safe not recognised but it was.

That's the Alzheimer's kicking in............

Another question ray!
as account holders do we have to credit our account or can we use customers cards.....

When you check out, you have the option to charge it to your account, or pay with a credit card.

If you charge a large sum to a card that is not registered to your billing address, you may get a call from us, and the card holder may get a call from their card providers fraud prevention department.

I authorised the first one you tried - the @tc email address. I think you also tried using a virgin email address. The server replied "User not a virgin - application denied"

I don't know if this has been raised but I can see most of the prices baxi aqueous logic bahco and a few others other pages it asks I sign in to buy. Also it offers me a button to log out yet I haven't registered for it, that was from your link in the OP

Yep, it looks like we have a hole somewhere Rob. Lots of others with the same problem.

Ray ray, a little idea.
list up fitting packs.

its such a pain booking in each one.

15mm straights x 50
15mm elbows x 100
15mm street elbow x 50
15mm equal tees x 50
15mm slip coupler x 10
15mm 45 x 20
15mm street 45 x 15
22mm straights x 25
22mm elbows x 25
22mm street elbow x 20
22mm equal tees x 25
22mm slip coupler x 10
22mm 45 x 15
22mm street 45 x 10
22mm to 3/4 imp x 10
22mm x 15 fitting reducer x 25

comes too £150.06 inc vat :)
and the tool bag ;)

Looks fantastic Ray!

Just wish I'd seen your email earlier before I ordered all my kit for this weeks work!

Look forward to using the site.

Ps, also having issues with being logged out. Using Firefox on Mac!

Ray ray, a little idea.
list up fitting packs.

its such a pain booking in each one.

I think will probably go with that Bill. We had a £100 pack on the back of our Pricebuster a while ago, and that sold reasonably well.

It shouldn't be too much of a pain though.

You don't have to go into each fitting - you can go to the tiled page like [DLMURL="http://www.tradeonlyplumbing.co.uk/pipe-fittings/copper-pipe-fittings/endfeed-fittings/endfeed-elbows.html"]this[/DLMURL] and use the "add to basket" number under each fitting. It was designed to allow you to crack out a fittings order ASAP.

Theoretically, you could do the same with boilers, but not many people buy boilers by the 100. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I think will probably go with that Bill. We had a £100 pack on the back of our Pricebuster a while ago, and that sold reasonably well.

It shouldn't be too much of a pain though.

You don't have to go into each fitting - you can go to the tiled page like [DLMURL="http://www.tradeonlyplumbing.co.uk/pipe-fittings/copper-pipe-fittings/endfeed-fittings/endfeed-elbows.html"]this[/DLMURL] and use the "add to basket" number under each fitting. It was designed to allow you to crack out a fittings order ASAP.

Theoretically, you could do the same with boilers, but not many people buy boilers by the 100. :)

Still takes ages :)

it would be better if they all started at zero or nill instead of one, then you could enter 10 in one, 25 in the other and 6 on a third item.

hit add to basket and it adds all three items. (Any above zero on the page)

Take into account that adding each item refreshes the page, on slower connections itl be a massive pain.

You could show 40 items, enter values for 16 but refresh the page just ones.

Last edited by a moderator:
Still takes ages :)

it would be better if they all started at zero or nill instead of one, then you could enter 10 in one, 25 in the other and 6 on a third item.

hit add to basket and it adds all three items. (Any above zero on the page)

Take into account that adding each item refreshes the page, on slower connections itl be a massive pain.

You could show 40 items, enter values for 16 but refresh the page just ones.

Will put it to the developers. I think it might have to wait until v2.0 - it sounds like more than a minor tweak.

What device are you using Billy? I just cracked out an order for endfeed very quickly, but I am using a desktop machine hardwired to a highspeed broadband connection.

Mind you, it didn't help me look at chrome fittings - just like other people are reporting, it logged my bum out. Doesn't it know I'm its boss? Or is it me that doesn't know that its my boss?

How do you spell paranoia ?

Can we have a "Remember me" option when logging in please? No point in logging out on my home PC - no custards going to get their mitts on that!

Also if we can see our past orders?
online and instore?

i love my screwfix because i can see exactly what ive had even a few months ago

online and instore?

We are storing the history. One of the things I want to use it for later is "people who bought this, also bought that...." as well as the "your favourites".

Obviously neither of these make any sense until you have some history.

The core engine of the site is Magento, which is one of the biggest ecommerce engines in use today, so lots of possibilities are available for the future - if there is enough demand.

online and instore?

The main instore system is a bit more troublesome. Its a 1986 vintage DOS based system that we have kept alive long past its sell-by date, because its so damned robust and fast. Unfortunately, it isn't very accessible to external systems. It has no ODBC drivers, there is no way of accessing it via Windows, and there are only 3 programmers left alive that speak the language - MickW, his daugher Rachel (our FD) and me.

We are storing the history. One of the things I want to use it for later is "people who bought this, also bought that...." as well as the "your favourites".

Obviously neither of these make any sense until you have some history.

The core engine of the site is Magento, which is one of the biggest ecommerce engines in use today, so lots of possibilities are available for the future - if there is enough demand.

you're using ebays child then :D

Change masonry hole saws to core bits and accessories ?

Whats the point? Its not like waterstones where you may choose to buy a different book by the same author or from the same genre....

As its trade only, we 'the trade' aint gonna buy stuff on a whim because its been suggested, we will buy what we need imo

Whats the point? Its not like waterstones where you may choose to buy a different book by the same author or from the same genre....

As its trade only, we 'the trade' aint gonna buy stuff on a whim because its been suggested, we will buy what we need imo

On things like boilers, it helps to cluster the flue accessories around the boiler. We have them as "linked products" but that requires maintenance by us. Once we get some good usage going, it should be self-managing.

Also, there are often several different products available which do the same or similar job. Our counter staff are often making suggestions, usually based on their experience of what other plumbers buy.

But if you don't like it, you can always ignore it. :)

Ray,
It keeps logging me out, when switching from page to page.

Hi Linkyplumb

Sorry about that - it isn't just you, its doing it to everyone. Hence the "beta test" status.

The developers are working on it now, and I am trying to stop myself from calling every two hours to ask them when it will be fixed! :)

I will update this thread when we think its OK again.

Ray

ray i don't know if the contact email is live yet or not but i was enquiring about dimensions of a cistern which i need to order tomorrow. it is this one Concord L/l Cist.int.o/f Ccd41
it is to replace a fordham type one so needs to be quite slim. it is just the depth i need cheers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Sponsored thread - www.tradeonlyplumbing.co.uk BETA test in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Article
A Plumber Who Worked Illegally Gets A Suspended Sentence After Falsely Claiming To Be Gas Safe Registered. A Plumber in Herefordshire was...
Replies
Views
My son has an apprenticeship interview for to become a plumber and heating engineer. The have said there will be a multiple choice exam for this...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
S
Hi, I seemed to have a blockage in kitchen sink. A plumber came and cleared all the pipework that is visible inside my home (there was debris and...
Replies
Views
S
Hi guys....we have an old Astracast sink top....I think its a composite sink....has a big single bowl. My wife thinks it looks scruffy....looks...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock