Discuss Sponsored thread - www.tradeonlyplumbing.co.uk BETA test in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still takes ages :)

it would be better if they all started at zero or nill instead of one, then you could enter 10 in one, 25 in the other and 6 on a third item.

hit add to basket and it adds all three items. (Any above zero on the page)

Take into account that adding each item refreshes the page, on slower connections itl be a massive pain.

You could show 40 items, enter values for 16 but refresh the page just ones.

Will put it to the developers. I think it might have to wait until v2.0 - it sounds like more than a minor tweak.

What device are you using Billy? I just cracked out an order for endfeed very quickly, but I am using a desktop machine hardwired to a highspeed broadband connection.

Mind you, it didn't help me look at chrome fittings - just like other people are reporting, it logged my bum out. Doesn't it know I'm its boss? Or is it me that doesn't know that its my boss?

How do you spell paranoia ?

Can we have a "Remember me" option when logging in please? No point in logging out on my home PC - no custards going to get their mitts on that!

Also if we can see our past orders?
online and instore?

i love my screwfix because i can see exactly what ive had even a few months ago

online and instore?

We are storing the history. One of the things I want to use it for later is "people who bought this, also bought that...." as well as the "your favourites".

Obviously neither of these make any sense until you have some history.

The core engine of the site is Magento, which is one of the biggest ecommerce engines in use today, so lots of possibilities are available for the future - if there is enough demand.

online and instore?

The main instore system is a bit more troublesome. Its a 1986 vintage DOS based system that we have kept alive long past its sell-by date, because its so damned robust and fast. Unfortunately, it isn't very accessible to external systems. It has no ODBC drivers, there is no way of accessing it via Windows, and there are only 3 programmers left alive that speak the language - MickW, his daugher Rachel (our FD) and me.

We are storing the history. One of the things I want to use it for later is "people who bought this, also bought that...." as well as the "your favourites".

Obviously neither of these make any sense until you have some history.

The core engine of the site is Magento, which is one of the biggest ecommerce engines in use today, so lots of possibilities are available for the future - if there is enough demand.

you're using ebays child then :D

Change masonry hole saws to core bits and accessories ?

Whats the point? Its not like waterstones where you may choose to buy a different book by the same author or from the same genre....

As its trade only, we 'the trade' aint gonna buy stuff on a whim because its been suggested, we will buy what we need imo

Whats the point? Its not like waterstones where you may choose to buy a different book by the same author or from the same genre....

As its trade only, we 'the trade' aint gonna buy stuff on a whim because its been suggested, we will buy what we need imo

On things like boilers, it helps to cluster the flue accessories around the boiler. We have them as "linked products" but that requires maintenance by us. Once we get some good usage going, it should be self-managing.

Also, there are often several different products available which do the same or similar job. Our counter staff are often making suggestions, usually based on their experience of what other plumbers buy.

But if you don't like it, you can always ignore it. :)

Ray,
It keeps logging me out, when switching from page to page.

Hi Linkyplumb

Sorry about that - it isn't just you, its doing it to everyone. Hence the "beta test" status.

The developers are working on it now, and I am trying to stop myself from calling every two hours to ask them when it will be fixed! :)

I will update this thread when we think its OK again.

Ray

ray i don't know if the contact email is live yet or not but i was enquiring about dimensions of a cistern which i need to order tomorrow. it is this one Concord L/l Cist.int.o/f Ccd41
it is to replace a fordham type one so needs to be quite slim. it is just the depth i need cheers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Sponsored thread - www.tradeonlyplumbing.co.uk BETA test in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock