Search the forum,

Discuss Sponsored thread - www.tradeonlyplumbing.co.uk BETA test in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm going to go and have a play but expect a poor review on NI delivery policy.......

It does say in the delivery section that they will deliver anywhere in the world.............for a price :)

It does say in the delivery section that they will deliver anywhere in the world.............for a price :)

And we do. We have a regular in the Falklands for example. But it isn't FOC over £100 or a tenner for smaller orders....

Ray, could you use the engineers ID number info?

I think the name, postcode and company number are easily obtainable off the webiste, but engineers numbers not listed. You can search for them specifically but unless you do this the ID number is never displayed.

just a thought if you wanted to be ultra safe, I'm happy for people to deliver free stuff to my house in exchange for my details.

Ray, could you use the engineers ID number info?

I think the name, postcode and company number are easily obtainable off the webiste, but engineers numbers not listed. You can search for them specifically but unless you do this the ID number is never displayed.

just a thought if you wanted to be ultra safe, I'm happy for people to deliver free stuff to my house in exchange for my details.

GasSafe will only release to us information which is otherwise publicly available, as part of their privacy policy and duty of care to you, so I don't think so.

But I will ask. Most of that work was done between our developer and the IT people at Capita (who run GasSafe). That was neither quick, nor cheap!

OK, I am off home, so there will be a delay in service while I am driving from Fareham to Portsmouth, saying hi to Mrs S, getting something to eat, and removing the cork from a bottle of plonk.

See you later.

:)

And maybe by the time I get home, someone will have actually bought something! :)

A random prize of doubtful value to the first five orders received. :)

I wonder what all Ray's trade counter staff think of this little bit of modern wizardry !!!!

BTW nothing in the E/F drain off page in fittings.

Can we clear our accounts on it?
will sign up when I'm on the iPad.

No, although account holders in good standing can charge stuff to their account. However, you have to change your password first, and even then - expect to get a phone call from us to verify its really you for the first couple of times you use it.

Just on another note - at the moment, the click and collect only offers Fareham as a collect address.

We still have some staff training to do in the other branches, and I don't want to waste time on training materials until we have got all the wrinkles out.

As Maidstone is a major branch, get it done quick ray ray ;)
I'm sure Ollie will be up for it !!

Hi Ray

the system doesn't seem to have like my gas safe details. They are definitely right but it's saying they require manual verification.

The he screens I've seen look very pro though.

Cheers

matt

As Maidstone is a major branch, get it done quick ray ray ;)
I'm sure Ollie will be up for it !!

Need to get it right first Bill, then roll out. No point in training 27 branches, then deciding to change some aspect of it and have to do it all again. Thats why its just fareham at the moment.

Ray

Hi Ray

the system doesn't seem to have like my gas safe details. They are definitely right but it's saying they require manual verification.

The he screens I've seen look very pro though.

Cheers

matt

I'll try and fix you manually Matt, but my admin console is not working, so we may have broken it! :)

Ray

Well done Ray I will order from the site but I still like speaking to Ian for my orders

Some are very upbeat. Some just nodding and smiling... :)

Any chance you could post a link to the empty page?

Ta

[DLMURL]http://www.tradeonlyplumbing.co.uk/pipe-fittings/copper-pipe-fittings/brass-fittings/brass-drain-of-cocks.html[/DLMURL]

Last edited by a moderator:
Well done Ray I will order from the site but I still like speaking to Ian for my orders

Our aim is to speak to every customer twice per order Steve - once to confirm shipment and offer the chance at last minute additions, and the other to confirm receipt. Obviously if this starts to bug people, or they would rather not get calls, then we will flag this, but we prefer the human contact if possible. And when we ship a thousand quid's worth of stuff to someone, its got to be worth a 10p phone call to make sure it got their safely. :)

Ray

[DLMURL="http://www.tradeonlyplumbing.co.uk/pipe-fittings/copper-pipe-fittings/brass-fittings/brass-drain-of-cocks.html"]Brass Drain Of Cocks - Brass Fittings - Copper Pipe & Fittings - Pipe & Fittings | Trade Only Plumbing & Heating Supplies[/DLMURL]

Thanks Chris. I think thats another of our spelling mistakes. It shouldn't be "drain of cock" it should be "drain off cock"

Will fix tomorrow.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll try and fix you manually Matt, but my admin console is not working, so we may have broken it! :)

Ray

Ha ha. Teething problems. As you say though well worth sorting it on here first. Looks a very tidy site

Ha ha. Teething problems. As you say though well worth sorting it on here first. Looks a very tidy site

I *think* you are sorted Matt.

My admin panel wasn't broken, just very slow running from home.

Ha ha. Teething problems. As you say though well worth sorting it on here first.

Which was why we originally sponsored the site. Four thousand, two hundred and fourteen posts ago. :) tee hee

Doesn't recognise my email.

it's a @msn.com

will use the third option

Doesn't recognise my email.

it's a @msn.com

will use the third option

hmmmm. We do have an @msn email address registered on your account.

Did you get the postcode right? As a security check, it also cross checks the postcode of the billing address.

If someone called Gay has recently registered, don't forget to PM me the email address that you registered and I will authorise it immediately. :)

Loving this. Finally no guessing on quotes!!

would quite like an option to see inc vat and excluding vat on items if possible at somepoint ray :)

Loving this. Finally no guessing on quotes!!

would quite like an option to see inc vat and excluding vat on items if possible at somepoint ray :)

Its something we are considering for version 2.

It seems a bit silly when you are using a £500 device to access a £30,000 website that you have to use a £3 calculator to work out the vat. :)

Really really impressed ray.

Need an option for biscuits/choccies etc :wink:

the he logging out on random pages bit has been mentioned hasn't it

Tut tut.

missing out the talon pipe cover accessories..... ;)

was about to order that because im lazy...

Ray I dont mind the calls Ian call me about the shipment delivery and I glad as I always add more to the order lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Sponsored thread - www.tradeonlyplumbing.co.uk BETA test in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Article
A Plumber Who Worked Illegally Gets A Suspended Sentence After Falsely Claiming To Be Gas Safe Registered. A Plumber in Herefordshire was prosecuted after Hereford Trading Standards Team found that he was falsely claiming to be on the Gas Safe Register when he was not, putting members of the...
Replies
Views
My son has an apprenticeship interview for to become a plumber and heating engineer. The have said there will be a multiple choice exam for this for suitability. The thing is my son panics during tests/exams. Is there any book I can buy him to practice the multiple choice test for the exam? What...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
S
Hi, I seemed to have a blockage in kitchen sink. A plumber came and cleared all the pipework that is visible inside my home (there was debris and pebbles!) We saw that the pipe that takes water down the gutter was visibly full to the top. He said he will return with a coil to push through...
Replies
Views
S
Hi guys....we have an old Astracast sink top....I think its a composite sink....has a big single bowl. My wife thinks it looks scruffy....looks ok to me.....sound but the bowl has seen a lot of work. So she wants a new one...Astracast it seems are no more. The problem is its size.....looked...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock