Discuss Sparky Question in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
so could I spur of a ring main and put in an additional consumer board and wire up plugs and lights off of that ? Small load of couse

You can spur off the ring main via a 13amp double pole fused spur then run into the garage.
What you do afterwards regarding a consumer unit, radials etc is up to you.
Just remember that your main circuit on the house emust be protected by a 30ma RCD and your garage supply will be limited to 13amps.

thanks for all your help:) I'm currently digging up the garden for the duct and amoured to go down, this is worse than working in lofts :/

Just thinking about this, there is no reason why you couldn't spur off in 6mm and have 32A out into the garage as far as i'm aware.

Just thinking about this, there is no reason why you couldn't spur off in 6mm and have 32A out into the garage as far as i'm aware.

Sorry, A spur off of a ring feeding radials needs to be as I described earlier IMO.

OCPD is 32A, cable is capable of this easily (could use 4 mm but was taking into account de rating factors of buried SWA cable) can't see a problem myself. The 13A is only there to protect the cable, which we would assume to be 2.5mm due to terminal size issues.

If your taking it into a garage board the radials can be protected accordingly at the board.

I'll pop the question onto the electricians forum and double check as I may not be aware of a specific regulation preventing this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Sparky Question in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi can anybody help me with a problem I am having. following a power cut the heating and hot water failed. The boiler would light but it would go...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Have got an old 60/70s PVC soil stack, the Toilet is going into a Hunter branded socket which has an old O-ring design (quite flat with 3...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, first post here So I have been boxing in a number of heating pipes that are throughout my garage since the boiler was located there by...
Replies
Views
Full disclosure, I am an Electrician. One of my older clients has just had her fire capped off because it doesn't comply with today's regs and...
Replies
Views
I would like to add an additional radiator to our central heating system. We have an attached double garage converted to a man-cave and workshop...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock