Search the forum,

Discuss solar panel feeds to top of hwc in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been asked to fit a shower for a customer. He wants a pumped unit fitted to his new en-suite.
My query concerns his solar panel heating, I've been looking and asking about the syatem he has installed.
He has a conventional single coil vented hot water cylinder fed by his boiler primaries. Nothing unconventional or difficult there.

His feed for the single solar panel is from a tee off the hwc cold feed which is pumped from this point around the panel and then directly into the top of the hwc through a reducing tee. A single check valve prevents back-flow around the circuit. The 22mm piping is reducued to 15mm as it enters the hwc.

Does anyone know if the hot water being fed into the cylinder is via a dip pipe where it blends with and is heated further before it leaves the cylinder when required? Or will the feed pipe simply terminate at the top cylinder union/take off?

I imagine it is the latter. A 15mm dip pipe would reduce flow very considerably however it would effectively cool the water leaving the cylinder. So, I'm confused.... what should I expect when I remove the top union to fit a surrey flange?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to solar panel feeds to top of hwc in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi This is my first post as a homeowner/DIYer Hopefully the title explains my question ; I want to replace the washer on an Essex flange as the flange is leaking, and plan to use a plug to block the cold water tank , then open all the hot taps and showers until water stops flowing( standard...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I have a Megaflo Heatrae Sadia running from a conventionla boiler. The boiler is 12 months old, the cylinder about 6 years old. The cylinder has two separate pipes in at the bottom left, both of which are too hot to hold for more than a second. There is a stone cold pipe going in the...
Replies
Views
Hello After a lot of procrastinating I've decided to go down the Hep2o PEX route for our random house (basically a mix of rads fed by a one-pipe system and UFH fed by two segregated boilers). In a nutshell, the boiler is in the basement, the ground floor has 2 rads and the first floor 5 rads...
Replies
Views
Hello! Advice required, please. Trying to understand implications of pipe size, length of run, and number of junctions etc. en route between the incoming water feed to the Combi-boiler. For various reasons it is difficult to get from stopcock to boiler without taking indirect route back across...
Replies
Views
Hello all. I'm new to this forum and need some advice about some concerns about a new gas boiler that I have had fitted by a gas safe engineer. My old boiler was a heat only (with a copper tank) and has been replaced by a modern combi boiler. It just used two 22mm pipes to feed to the diverter...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock