Discuss So this fell out of my potterton Combi heatmax HE in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

upload_2018-12-17_23-4-24.jpeg

Can anyone tell me what it is please and how to put it back?

Thanks

If your boiler still works then it was just sitting in the case, this part is available as a spare on that boiler. The chances of it just falling out are slim to none.
However imo if you've had an engineer that feels it's necessary to leave an old coil in the boiler for any reason, then it won't hurt to get someone to look over it for you

View attachment 35977

Can anyone tell me what it is please and how to put it back?

Thanks
As others said, it's a solenoid coil. From the gas valve, which wasn't said and you may not have guessed.
If you have a multimeter, it's worth checking it's faulty, most likely open circuit. I had one fail on my boiler a couple of years back. I didn't leave the old one lying around inside the boiler though!

Thanks guys - it was a new boiler replaced 3 years ago and no issues with it. The coil fell out about two years ago and the boiler continued to work fine. It's only now I'm renting the flat I wondered whether it was an issue.

It seems that it isn't because it's basically impossible for one to just fall out.

Thanks for all the assistance.

Thanks guys - it was a new boiler replaced 3 years ago and no issues with it. The coil fell out about two years ago and the boiler continued to work fine. It's only now I'm renting the flat I wondered whether it was an issue.

It seems that it isn't because it's basically impossible for one to just fall out.

Thanks for all the assistance.
Sounds like it was left inside in the factory. I would still check it, and if it's OK you have a spare.

Reply to So this fell out of my potterton Combi heatmax HE in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.
Back