Discuss So is anyone interested in a job then? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Will do, but one of my first tasks is to start negotiating better rates with our suppliers to add to our bottom line straight off (I mean on all the stuff you don't sell of course :) ). Don't even know how to approach that one lol. All I've done is price bathrooms and jobs for the last 8 years and then do them.

I'm looking forward to it but I'm much more nervous about taking on someone who is going to replace me on the tools than I've ever been taking someone else on.

I would certainly agree with Ray, you will do really well.

Where did you find the new staff member in the end?

Mark

Finally recruited - 4 staff now including me and I will be dropping back to 4 hours per day on the tools from middle of October. Very scary step to be honest but I'm really excited to be finally working on the business rather than in it!

It won't happen you will start off with 4 hours and then it will creep up and up again. Lol.

I think people are mainly fed up of working for companies so many down here now starting up themselves .When you ask them why they say exact same just fed up of working for someone.

That is why I went self employed. Not because I want to earn a fortune but because I want a half decent work/life balance.

Most of the companies I have worked for wanted to own your soul and wanted you to work all the hours in a day for a pittance.

My first work goal is to be earning the same as I was on the books within 3 years.

The guy actually responded to my Job Centre advert. Starting on 19th October, will see how it goes from there!

Fair play to you crofty hope it works out mate..
image.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to So is anyone interested in a job then? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back