Discuss Sky up again in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
all ears!
just dumped sky and signed up to virin big knacker or something, no tv.
pictures i can follow lol

got an old roku stick, is this good enough or do i need another-which one?

start the post and i will close it until your ready. kj

You will need a amazon fire stick or fire tv box

Thanks for your time to input this for the ukpf members.....will it work abroad?....regards Turnpin:smile5:

thank you for your efforts, havent a fecking clue what your on about, but I'm more luddite than nerd
:)

Thanks for the instructions to set up the firestick. Before I so the aims wizard thing so I need.to clear husham add ons?

No mutley the fresh start should delete everything apart from kodi and ares wizard.
From ares wizard just select browse builds and select pulse ccm (59m) Then follow rest of the instructions

thanks kay jay, I just bought one for the old man, downloading the Jarvis file now, I presume ive picked the right file to download...kodi 16.1 Jarvis armeabi-v7a which is the latest version, 55mb odd.

theres another one the same but its only 11mb and it says symbol after it, I assume I don't want that.

thanks kay jay, I just bought one for the old man, downloading the Jarvis file now, I presume ive picked the right file to download...kodi 16.1 Jarvis armeabi-v7a which is the latest version, 55mb odd.

theres another one the same but its only 11mb and it says symbol after it, I assume I don't want that.

That's correct pal.
Let me know if it all works for you

Just out of curiosity on our Kodi at home we just have a K (lodi logo) and on others i have seen other logos With the K and an ES app next to it .
Apparently that app helps run it can that get out dated??

That's correct pal.
Let me know if it all works for you

ive hit a snag, its all connected on adb so ive clicked file then download, selected arm, then ive clicked on kodi 16.1, it then brings up the internet explorer download thingy, so ive saved it to desktop, when I go into adb after its downloaded ive clicked on install apk it doesn't show up on the file explorer?

I have Kodi with Wookie. Can't fault it really. Ditched Sky and BT and all i have now is 70mb fibre and everything i need. :D

Well done Jay!

im on ares now, when I click install on pulse ccm it says download failed, not a valid zip file, is there another build you would recommend?

thanks in advance.

So I did all the start new stuff and couldn't find builds. I have loaded Aries nut when I go to zulip file Aries and click there is nothing in the file?

You should still have ares wizard after fresh start.
From ares wizard there should be a browse builds link.

So now I tried to reload it and from downloading script it has said ares error. Technology a

No mutley the fresh start should delete everything apart from kodi and ares wizard.
From ares wizard just select browse builds and select pulse ccm (59m) Then follow rest of the instructions
Hi Kev, I understand that to use the Amazon stick is OK. Would you say that a guard android tv box with 2GB of RAM is better?

So I have been on the ares forum and it is having issues with where the repo is saved at. This is why we are getting not correct zip file. I have not registered so could no find out more

So I have been on the ares forum and it is having issues with where the repo is saved at. This is why we are getting not correct zip file. I have not registered so could no find out more

Hmmm it was fine yesterday.

From browse builds screen choose a different build until it's resolved.

Here is the info. I cannot even install ares wizard now.. Screenshot_2016-05-28-20-55-57.jpg

Hi Kev, I understand that to use the Amazon stick is OK. Would you say that a guard android tv box with 2GB of RAM is better?

I have a zoomtak android box, connect to modem with a cable not wifi, its more stable. I also have a firestick so i can compare the two

I bought my zoomtak from 'tv box company' Comes with everything you need, im very impressed

I will try and find a workaround for the problem with the wizards.
But for the moment it looks like this isn't going to work so be patient.

Hmmm it was fine yesterday.

From browse builds screen choose a different build until it's resolved.

So I chose a different build (brains kodi) it was the only one I could get to work. Not a lot of things work on it so hoping pulse will be alright soon. Cheers Kay Jay

I got pulse ccm to work. basically you load ares then go to programs then click on pulse then pulse ccm and it loads fine. did it on my laptop to see first, all ok, now done it on my box all hunky dory

Apparently pulse lite works

Pulse lite worked for me, watched the f1 on sky sports f1 hd channel on sunday with the old man so thanks kayjay...2 points to note though, the wifi antenna in the firestick is rubbish and no option to hardwire via ethernet so make sure your router isnt too far away before buying. Also make sure your broadband is up to the job of streaming without having to buffer. I tried it on another tv where i was only getting 2mb download speeds checked on a speed test and it wouldnt work

Buy a fire tv box instead of the stick. It has a hard wire port , more memory blah blah blah. Costs about a score more.
Only thing that worries me about amazon is you can't (easily) stop it self updating and i think in the next year or so they will cut kodi off.
I'll jump that bridge when it comes.

Bingo!!! Managed to get pulse ccm. Like it so far. So easy to navigate and lots of choice. Looking forward to getting tucked in. One thing I will need to add is some pilates work outs for the wife but need to learn how to do it.

Thanks Kay Jay for all the help

So, last night my pulse kept saying g it was updated on the 1st of June and says to do a fresh start. So do I need to clear all and install the new updated pulse ccm?

So, last night my pulse kept saying g it was updated on the 1st of June and says to do a fresh start. So do I need to clear all and install the new updated pulse ccm?
Not sure. Mine tells me theres an update available for mine but i havent been to ares wizard to check, but i think on the wizard there should be an update tab to click rather than the full restart.

Not 100% on it though

Mutley
I updated mine last night.

Takes about 5 mins.

Launch ares wizard
On one of the tabs there is an option for fresh start which wipes everything apart from ares wizard.

Click on fresh start
Wait for it to do its thing
Pull the power lead out and put it back in
Launch kodi
You will have a basic menu.
Click programs
Click add ons
Click ares wizard
Click browse builds
Click pulse
Choose pulse ccm
Wait till its done
When it tells you to restart the stick remember to ignore it and just pull the power again.

Remember to choose back up skin.

Relaunch kodi

Wait

After a couple if mins screen will go black for a minute. When it comes back on its all done.

There is some nnew stuff on it.

I got mine loaded up without faffing about with the pc stuff.

I used the info off this webpage to get Kodi on,

https://seo-michael.co.uk/tutorial-how-to-install-kodi-on-a-firestick/

Then I followed Kevs advice to load up pulse. This was on Tuesday. I've not seen Mrs Croppie since then.....

I found the best way to load kodi to the firestick was to b install it on my phone or tablet from the playstore and use an app called apps2fire which sends it straight to the firestick. Simples

I found the best way to load kodi to the firestick was to b install it on my phone or tablet from the playstore and use an app called apps2fire which sends it straight to the firestick. Simples

Tried apps2 fire, didn't work for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Sky up again in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I am having a problem with my main 24he boiler where the flame is constantly clicking on and off with the heating and when using hot water. Some...
Replies
Views
Hi, I was hoping to get some advice. I live in a three floor house with a gravity fed cold water system for all of the bathrooms. The tank is in...
Replies
Views
Hi, Sorry if question already answered in previous posts, but I can't find a solution to the below: We recently moved house to a new home that...
Replies
Views
Hello all, So been having somewhat of a time with my Aqualisa Quartz 9.5 electric shower. A few.month ago I put up with a few problems it was...
Replies
Views
Hello guys, first post here. While I prefer copper-and-solder, I've used compression fittings successfully in the past, and I opted for...
Replies
Views
Back