Search the forum,

Discuss Sky up again in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
I use Mobdro on my android phone then stream to my tv with google chromecast no setting up required just download from their website and watch straight away I use it for BT sport to watch Moto gp, I've got Kodi on my phone still trying to work out how to set it up!

I'm with Sky and my bill was about t go up to £66. Rang them and said I'm off to plus net and now TV. They said what about if we make it £31 a month!! Obviously I stuck with them.

I use Mobdro on my android phone then stream to my tv with google chromecast no setting up required just download from their website and watch straight away I use it for BT sport to watch Moto gp, I've got Kodi on my phone still trying to work out how to set it up!
There are some good videos on youtube, to tell you how to work it.

I've got as far as downloading the addons but when I go to programmes they're not there, will have a look on youtube

My resurrected sky thread ........ I started this and then went on holiday , back on it now lol

Thanks for all replys , it generaly goes over my head does all this stuff.
So have I got it right , I ditch sky , I presume they will still supply broadband and phone line
Buy an android box and buy a kodi stick and is that it ?

Thanks again guys

Strange I had a email from sky last mth saying my sky was being reduced only a couple of £ but every little bit helps. its getting like double glazing say you not interested and they can suddenly do it a lot cheaper

My resurrected sky thread ........ I started this and then went on holiday , back on it now lol

So have I got it right , I ditch sky , I presume they will still supply broadband and phone line

Thanks again guys
have a look on ebay for android tv box, which will have kodi already installed.

now got my box and it is looking good. have ditched paid for sky and gone to freesat from sky and gone to fibre broadband with them. mainly gone to freesat because the tv feeds on live tv weren't that good on the android box, however that could be my normal broadband is only about 2.4mbps.

I ditched virgin and have gone for the fire stick and installed kodi on it. Pretty good. HD quality on most tv programmes and some of the latest movies. Watched captain america civil war the other night and it was not bad

Missed this thread!!

I am on Virgin with 150mb broadband :):):)

I have an Amiko A3 box running android and Spark

I pay about £200 per year to a IPTV supplier and have all the channels you could ever want through a bespoke Kodi addon, every 3pm KO, all sky box office, all movies, foreign channels. They host them all on their servers so channels going down is really quite rare and its only a small set up so you can Facebook or tweet them and they will help you with any issues

I tried all the free add ons and got annoyed with all the crashing and broken links, found a month trail with these guys for about £20 and thought why not, and I'm about to renew for a year now

They have now even linked up with these guys: https://www.on-tapp.tv so it can look very pro! I have took this minor plunge yet mainly due to having the time

Missed this thread!!

I am on Virgin with 150mb broadband :):):)

I have an Amiko A3 box running android and Spark

I pay about £200 per year to a IPTV supplier and have all the channels you could ever want through a bespoke Kodi addon, every 3pm KO, all sky box office, all movies, foreign channels. They host them all on their servers so channels going down is really quite rare and its only a small set up so you can Facebook or tweet them and they will help you with any issues

I tried all the free add ons and got annoyed with all the crashing and broken links, found a month trail with these guys for about £20 and thought why not, and I'm about to renew for a year now

They have now even linked up with these guys: https://www.on-tapp.tv so it can look very pro! I have took this minor plunge yet mainly due to having the time

How much for the broadband Tom? I used kodi and just installed all add ons from husham. Great links I say. Watched a 3 pm kick off the other day but not the best quality. I have been looking into IPTV, you say it is worth it then?

How much for the broadband Tom? I used kodi and just installed all add ons from husham. Great links I say. Watched a 3 pm kick off the other day but not the best quality. I have been looking into IPTV, you say it is worth it then?

£30 odd per month fit just broadband. I don't use a land line so no line rental. I did have it half price for 6 months as well I think.

IPTV is worth it IMHO. Do what I did and take a month out. Try it

£30 odd per month fit just broadband. I don't use a land line so no line rental. I did have it half price for 6 months as well I think.

Do you use the virgin media modem and wifi router? If so is it the super hub 2 and what is the connection like. I have the super hub 1 and it won't go through 2 walls. Only works in the room it is located in.

Do you use the virgin media modem and wifi router? If so is it the super hub 2 and what is the connection like. I have the super hub 1 and it won't go through 2 walls. Only works in the room it is located in.

Yeh. Super hub 2. I'm in a 3 bed semi and it works all over including drive and garden. I sometimes have to use a VPN as virgin block some websites but all ISPs do that

Thanks again guys
Another one for kodi

Another one for kodi

They just held on , I am with them for another year .

This months payment is. £101 , is for everything , all channels, broadband and phone .
I rang up and moaned on Tue , got it down to £87
I rang up and moaned ( and said I was leaving ) on Wed, guy tweaked it lost a few channels we never watch and got it to £63.

They just held on , I am with them for another year .

This months payment is. £101 , is for everything , all channels, broadband and phone .
I rang up and moaned on Tue , got it down to £87
I rang up and moaned ( and said I was leaving ) on Wed, guy tweaked it lost a few channels we never watch and got it to £63.
I pay nothing. Pm me!

Hi, Do you know the name of your IPTV provider please

Thanks

Hi Tom

Just looked at the mbox facebook page and like it. Just waiting for my android box. Thanks for the useful info

Is most stuff with mbox HD? Im looking for football, movies and tv boxsets

Cheers

Mate

Hi Tom

Just looked at the mbox facebook page and like it. Just waiting for my android box. Thanks for the useful info

Cheers

Mate

I just checked this site but couldn't find prices. Any ideas of cost for above

Hi Tom

Cheers

Mate

Yes, most is in HD, I would say compared to friends the quality isn't as good as full sky sports HD for instance but still looks great on my 50"

I don't mind loading kodi with the latest build onto a firestick for anyone who wants it.

Only 35 quid for a firestick no ongoing costs. Access to every tv show and film made and sports and all music etc. Live TV and ppv events

No.
Latest software is jarvis 16:1
With the pulse build via ares wizard

c5147e632ca9766e12f8704a6c35168b.jpg

Can opt in or out of **** channels as well. I don't put it on unless asked

i got a firestick off ebay a month back.

very happy takes some getting used to moving around.

i got a firestick off ebay a month back.

very happy takes some getting used to moving around.
What build is on it jules?
The latest is only a month old and the issue with kodi is as soon as new software is released the developers optimise the add ons for the new software which means anyone running old software can get a bit buggy.

Let me know if yours starts to play up and I will sort it for you. I can talk you through it over the phone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Sky up again in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold then would get hot water most of the time. Changing the flow cartridge about 2 years ago (when I moved in) solved this problem enough to suffer it as...
Replies
Views
S
Hi, I seemed to have a blockage in kitchen sink. A plumber came and cleared all the pipework that is visible inside my home (there was debris and pebbles!) We saw that the pipe that takes water down the gutter was visibly full to the top. He said he will return with a coil to push through...
Replies
Views
S
Hi guys. I'm trying to identify a toilet model before ordering a seat for a customer. I went to what used to be a Roca stockist (they no longer are) and one of the guys there reckoned it might be "The Gap". I went to the new stockist and the guy there disagreed it was "The Gap" and that he'd...
Replies
Views
B
    • Friendly
Hi, I've followed this excellent forum for several years but have never posted, so decided I'd better give some details. My status is the upper end of DIY and I've a couple of house renovations under my belt (my own homes) I am retired but do volunteer handyman jobs for the elderly. Not...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock