Discuss Sky up again in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have firestick. It's great. My apprentice is a bit of a computer whizz so I bought it from argos for 35 quid and he loaded kodi on it for me. Absolutely everything is on there.
It takes a bit of getting used to and can be a touch frustrating when some of the links don't work.
Also if watching lice sports with a high demand lime pay per view boxing the streams are perfect for the under and but when everyone comes in from the pub for the main event and demand skyrockets the image suffers enormously.
We watch movies and tv shows mainly and for that it's awesome

thanks guys just about decided to ditch sky totally and go to either EE or BT for fibre broadband

Ive ordered a mx2 box. If its as good as everybody says then skys gone :)

I use Mobdro on my android phone then stream to my tv with google chromecast no setting up required just download from their website and watch straight away I use it for BT sport to watch Moto gp, I've got Kodi on my phone still trying to work out how to set it up!

I'm with Sky and my bill was about t go up to £66. Rang them and said I'm off to plus net and now TV. They said what about if we make it £31 a month!! Obviously I stuck with them.

I use Mobdro on my android phone then stream to my tv with google chromecast no setting up required just download from their website and watch straight away I use it for BT sport to watch Moto gp, I've got Kodi on my phone still trying to work out how to set it up!
There are some good videos on youtube, to tell you how to work it.

I've got as far as downloading the addons but when I go to programmes they're not there, will have a look on youtube

My resurrected sky thread ........ I started this and then went on holiday , back on it now lol

Thanks for all replys , it generaly goes over my head does all this stuff.
So have I got it right , I ditch sky , I presume they will still supply broadband and phone line
Buy an android box and buy a kodi stick and is that it ?

Thanks again guys

Strange I had a email from sky last mth saying my sky was being reduced only a couple of £ but every little bit helps. its getting like double glazing say you not interested and they can suddenly do it a lot cheaper

My resurrected sky thread ........ I started this and then went on holiday , back on it now lol

Thanks for all replys , it generaly goes over my head does all this stuff.
So have I got it right , I ditch sky , I presume they will still supply broadband and phone line
Buy an android box and buy a kodi stick and is that it ?

Thanks again guys
have a look on ebay for android tv box, which will have kodi already installed.

now got my box and it is looking good. have ditched paid for sky and gone to freesat from sky and gone to fibre broadband with them. mainly gone to freesat because the tv feeds on live tv weren't that good on the android box, however that could be my normal broadband is only about 2.4mbps.

I ditched virgin and have gone for the fire stick and installed kodi on it. Pretty good. HD quality on most tv programmes and some of the latest movies. Watched captain america civil war the other night and it was not bad

Missed this thread!!

I am on Virgin with 150mb broadband :):):)

I have an Amiko A3 box running android and Spark

I pay about £200 per year to a IPTV supplier and have all the channels you could ever want through a bespoke Kodi addon, every 3pm KO, all sky box office, all movies, foreign channels. They host them all on their servers so channels going down is really quite rare and its only a small set up so you can Facebook or tweet them and they will help you with any issues

I tried all the free add ons and got annoyed with all the crashing and broken links, found a month trail with these guys for about £20 and thought why not, and I'm about to renew for a year now

They have now even linked up with these guys: https://www.on-tapp.tv so it can look very pro! I have took this minor plunge yet mainly due to having the time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Sky up again in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back