Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Checkout our Plumbers Insurance area - heavily discounted Public Liability Insurance and Van Insurance specifically designed for plumbers.

Discuss Singing noise related to water pump in the Central Heating Forum area at UKPlumbersForums.co.uk.

1. townfanjon

townfanjon Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

Just saw it last night , I dont use Ph that much , its a huge forum , I can tell by a lot of the answers who is a genuine plumber / heat engineer etc , but loads chip in with their opinions and are bloody pathetic. Thats why I told the OP to use here.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. benawhile

benawhile New Member

The label says Grundfos UPS2, so surely it must be a Grundfos? It has a touch pad speed control

3. rpm

rpm Trusted Plumber Top Contributor!!

Pathetic as you say mate, forums all over, this one included is full of ultracrepidarians! :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad: Starting to put me off forums so much I might take another holiday soon.

• Like Like x 1
  4. rpm

Yep Grundfos.

• Like Like x 1
  5. benawhile

benawhile New Member

Hope that's not a problem posting on more than one forum. I can usually get a good feel for which are the best opinions, (specially by multi posting!) . I have had the best responses from this one, Ultimate handyman is good too.

6. rpm

Nah your fine mate, whatever you wanna do to get the answer, jon was advising you no more than that.

• Like Like x 1
  7. townfanjon

Post as much as you like pal .
    Surely you are better using a pro forum with qualified genuine guys that a handman forum .

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. townfanjon

You get a thesaurus too

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  9. rpm

Nah, tbh I saw it posted on another forum over christmas by a disgruntled member and I thought "I`m nicking that!" :D:D:D

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. Pickwickpick

Pickwickpick Plumber Top Contributor!!

Its an epic word tbf, was thinking I should nick it too after I googled its meaning earlier :D

• Like Like x 1
  11. fixitflav

fixitflav Active Member

Yes, it's a Grundfos, but a UPS2, not a Grundfos 15-50/60. You had it down as both!

12. rpm

13. fixitflav

fixitflav Active Member

Thanks for that. Not for the first time, I stand corrected :(. I always thought the UPS2 was just called that, the older one being the UPS 15-50/60.
    I installed a UPS2 early last year and the instruction booklet doesn't mention 15-50/60, just UPS2.

• Friendly Friendly x 2
  14. YorkshireDave

YorkshireDave Plumber Top Contributor!!

That's the beauty of UKPF vs the likes of Twitter or Facebook FIF.
    Sooo much friendlier & forgiving of honest misunderstandings and mistakes.
    I adore learning on here, you can do it and no one, mostly :confused:, criticises. :)

• Like Like x 1
  15. benawhile

benawhile New Member