Discuss Silver tape in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

billybongo

Evening all , just enquireing as to what is the cheapest /most reasonably priced silver tape to go round copper pipes going into channel in wall , duct or duck tape seems quite expensive for the job .
Cheers Mark

that is because the both tapes u mention are wrong, try denso tape, its the only thing that will prevent the Cu rotting out or you could use plastic coated pipe designed to be buried in walls and screed, but you have to pay to do the job right

Hi lame plumber , i took a stab at the tapes , the reason i wanted to know about the silver tape is that i saw a heating engineer putting pipes in wall with said silver tape and i am caurious to know what this tape is , he had disappeared before i could ask .
Do you have any idea ! have used denso tape in the past ( yuk) but if needs must .
Cheers Mark

forgot it was plaster :), I always use plastic coated tube in plaster, cant be faffing around with tape.

I pulled some copper out of a wall today, wrapped with insulation tape, 15mm copper, full of corrosion and holes, just proved to me to do it right first time if you want it to last

Last edited by a moderator:
forgot it was plaster :), I always use plastic coated tube in plaster, cant be faffing around with tape.

I pulled some copper out of a wall today, wrapped with insulation tape, 15mm copper, full of corrosion and holes, just proved to me to do it right first time if you want it to last

if the 2 inch pvc tape is used no issues its when the chepo normal stuff is put on theres issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Silver tape in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended...
Replies
Views
S
Hi, hope all is well! I’ve fitted a compression cap on two of my shower mixer copper pipes (15mm). One of them has scratches and burring and is...
Replies
Views
A
Hi, I am replacing a leaking push fit flexi tap connector under the bath with a compression fitting flexi. The problem is that the old pipe seems...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone. I'm installing a walk in shower, opening into shower will be on right, mixer value on right, but shower head and drain on left. The...
Replies
Views
Bungalow built in 2001. All copper pipework (water and heating) runs in channels of expanded foam polystyrene between a concrete floor and OSB...
Replies
Views
Back