Discuss Shower tray sealing tapes in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

You can do either the multi panel addy is good enough to do the plasterboard to plaster etc

Keep the plasterboard back 5mm, then you can skim/polyfilla the 9mm gap afterwards.
You don’t need to tank- water cannot go through the panels.
Hi Ben-gee. I did start wondering if tanking the area was over the top. Going back to boarding 9ver one side of the enclosure. Can you use board plasterboard adhesive onto plastered walls? If so, any recommendations on which adhesive?
Ta

If your panels are opaque, I would screw the plasterboard to the existing wall- otherwise your new plasterboard and the new panels are all relying on a glued bond to the original skim coat. The max weight for this is 20kg/sqm and you’ll be close to this I’m sure. What could happen is the skim coat will come away from the background plaster and then nothing is held up…

If your panels are opaque, I would screw the plasterboard to the existing wall- otherwise your new plasterboard and the new panels are all relying on a glued bond to the original skim coat. The max weight for this is 20kg/sqm and you’ll be close to this I’m sure. What could happen is the skim coat will come away from the background plaster and then nothing is held up…
Yep. Got it
Thanks Ben-gee

You could do this with 6 mm thermo panel shower boards as I did here , then add panels better job all round ??? Kop

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221001-193718.png
    Screenshot_20221001-193718.png
    928.9 KB · Views: 23
  • Screenshot_20221001-194022.png
    Screenshot_20221001-194022.png
    502.7 KB · Views: 27
I’m a fan of thermopanel, and am using it on my current job for a tiled shower and wall hung toilet scenario.
However in OP’s job I think it’s overkill and adding unnecessary expense…

Have to disagree there's never over kill where showers and trays are involved the prep is the most important part of the job, I do at least 10 - 20 a year and from reading the ops description of what's he has I'd seriously consider it ?
I wouldn't personally use a 3 mm board for showers , I'd use the thicker 9 mm cellular shower boards for a more affordable job , l'm starting one on Monday with Multi panel my favoured product. Kop

Fair enough, having recently spent time watching a designer massively overspend on some aspects of a project - I’m aware that it’s someone else’s money we are spending and a pragmatic approach is sometimes called for.

KOP are you aware that multipanel (if you mean Grant Westfield) are going to mdf ?
I was a bit miffed at this, if you choose an unpopular colour you may get ply for a while longer - but the old “blizzard” is mdf already.
Apparently the ply originated in Russia.

Well if that's the case Ben -gee then I'll move to another product there's more than one mate I've used shower wall which is MDF but didn't rate it , I'm using the frost white this week must be older stock as it's ply backed ? Kop

Reply to Shower tray sealing tapes in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I've got an issue with the shower tray not being totally flat. As you can see from the photos, it is about 7mm out at one side. It's leaning...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am looking to install a Mira flight shower tray 760 by 760. I would have like to have removed the existing floorboards and installed battens...
Replies
Views
The situation is as follows. I have a shower enclosure which is slightly too small for the new shower tray. In a way this works to my advantage. I...
Replies
Views
Hi there, I'll soon be installing a SONAS 1500 X 800 resin shower tray in a bathroom that I am renovating. It does not come with any sealant or...
Replies
Views
Hi Just moved into a house and in process of renewing sealant around the shower cubicle. Feel free to skip to the bottom to get the question...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock