Search the forum,

Discuss Can anyone help an idiot diyer with a shower tray? in the DIY Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

I've got an issue with the shower tray not being totally flat. As you can see from the photos, it is about 7mm out at one side. It's leaning towards the waste end though. The shower tray is pushed underneath the tiles.

My mate did the tiling and I now realise that we should have put the shower tray in first so feel like a complete idiot.

What do I do?

1. Leave it as it is, as water will drain away. But won't I have problems with the shower panels?
2. Pull the shower tray out and raise the height so that it's above the tiles all along. I would however need to put some marine ply underneath the shower tray because the legs aren't long enough to pull it out and raise about bottom of tiles. Plus, this would create even more of an angle for the pipe?

Second question:

Can I attach a pipe directly to the shower trap rather than use the angled connector thing supplied in the waste kit? As you can see if I do this it pretty much lines up, but not exactly. Plus over the length of the pipe it is 2cm higher at the waste end to the where I am connecting which is about 60cm in length. Would I be better off using a flexible hose from the trap?

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    317.4 KB · Views: 23
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    309.9 KB · Views: 18
  • pipe.jpg
    pipe.jpg
    422.6 KB · Views: 20
What’s the level say when it’s on the flats on the perimeter?

Shaun, Thank you for dealing with the village idiot!!!!!!!! It's flat when I lower the right hand side when I use the spirit level on the perimeter!!!! 3 hours of my life I'll never get back! I've only just noticed the middle section is higher on one side. Thank you so much!!!! Can you help me with 2nd part of my question?

you can but I would use the angled connector or a 45 degree bend see which one gets me closer and square to the wall wouldn’t use a flexi

you can but I would use the angled connector or a 45 degree bend see which one gets me closer and square to the wall wouldn’t use a flexi
But if I use an angled connector from the waste then it's even further out. When the pipes are connected to the angled connector using the pvc cement do they have to be completely straight?

But if I use an angled connector from the waste then it's even further out. When the pipes are connected to the angled connector using the pvc cement do they have to be completely straight?

Turn the waste fitting 45 so the angled adapter is straight at the back if that make sense

Attachments

• IMG_8518.jpeg
    IMG_8518.jpeg
    509 KB · Views: 12

Reply to Can anyone help an idiot diyer with a shower tray? in the DIY Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold then would get hot water most of the time. Changing the flow cartridge about 2 years ago (when I moved in) solved this problem enough to suffer it as...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I'm would like to extend an existing outside tap to another point in the garden. I'm about to pour a concrete patio and was hoping to run the water line underneath. There are existing drain (and who knows what) pipes running along the same wall so I'm nervous about digging too far...
Replies
Views
I want to reconnect some outbuildings to an existing water supply. The supply pipe is old 22mm MDPE and buried for a fair distance so not going to dig it up and replace it 😬. Question is can I use normal 22mm plumbing push-fit connectors to make the connection as finding 22mm MDPE fittings...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16 mm copper water pipe. I exposed the pipe by removing a ~30cm section of the plastic sleeve and a ~10 cm section of the pipe around the hole. Several...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock