Discuss Should I replace my boiler or just fix it (again)?? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

fredsmith

Hi all,
I currently have a chaffoteaux boiler (not sure of the exact model) that is about 10 years old. Last month I needed to fit a new expansion vessel and now this month I am in need of getting a new PCB board. The vessel set me back a couple hundred pounds and I now have a quote to supply and fit a new PCB for 325 pounds inc VAT. I also have a quote from the plumber to install a vokera 29he for 1600 inc VAT which comes with a 5 year warranty. I'm not sure whether to just fix my current boiler or sack it and get the new vokera one. Any suggestions???

get a new one but something likely to last like an intergas which has 5 yr warranty if fitted by an approved installer, less build in failure as less parts to go wrong.

Stay away from the vokera. Changing a chaf for vokera is like out of the frying pan and into the fire. Go for a replacement but shop around. I'd go for the ideal logic+ with 7 years warrenty.

Oce Ive had problems with a make they lose my business for ever, ideal ferroli worcester chaffonteax,, but intergas, remeha, baxi are still on my xmas card list

Vaillants for me, recently came equal first for reliability by which magazine. I think it was which anyway. The other boiler was Worcestor, but there a complete cow to work on.

Remeha and baxi? I take it you don't do many installs?[/QU

I only fit intergas now, but the remeha and baxis havent given me any problems when I've put them in, probably as I follow mfis but the majority of my work is service and repair and most of the new install problems I come across is down to poor workmanship and people not following mfis. So you keep slapping them in and I'll keep following you round.
.:19:

try and get british gas to do a fix price repair - just dont tell them its the pcb - otherwise i would not spend anymore on an old boiler

Remeha and baxi? I take it you don't do many installs?[/QU

I only fit intergas now, but the remeha and baxis havent given me any problems when I've put them in, probably as I follow mfis but the majority of my work is service and repair and most of the new install problems I come across is down to poor workmanship and people not following mfis. So you keep slapping them in and I'll keep following you round.
.:19:

Dont see how poor instalation can be responsible for pcb and fan failure plagued on Baxi,s.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Should I replace my boiler or just fix it (again)?? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock