Discuss Should I replace my boiler or just fix it (again)?? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

fredsmith

Hi all,
I currently have a chaffoteaux boiler (not sure of the exact model) that is about 10 years old. Last month I needed to fit a new expansion vessel and now this month I am in need of getting a new PCB board. The vessel set me back a couple hundred pounds and I now have a quote to supply and fit a new PCB for 325 pounds inc VAT. I also have a quote from the plumber to install a vokera 29he for 1600 inc VAT which comes with a 5 year warranty. I'm not sure whether to just fix my current boiler or sack it and get the new vokera one. Any suggestions???

get a new one but something likely to last like an intergas which has 5 yr warranty if fitted by an approved installer, less build in failure as less parts to go wrong.

have to agree with lame plumber intergas are a good boiler to have fitted,, the gas safe engineer who i go out with from time to time fits these.

Stay away from the vokera. Changing a chaf for vokera is like out of the frying pan and into the fire. Go for a replacement but shop around. I'd go for the ideal logic+ with 7 years warrenty.

Ive fitted loads of logic+ and never had a problem. I agree dont fit a vokera.

Oce Ive had problems with a make they lose my business for ever, ideal ferroli worcester chaffonteax,, but intergas, remeha, baxi are still on my xmas card list

I also fit loads of baxi's. i have had a couple of problems but on the whole very good.

Vaillants for me, recently came equal first for reliability by which magazine. I think it was which anyway. The other boiler was Worcestor, but there a complete cow to work on.

Remeha and baxi? I take it you don't do many installs?[/QU

I only fit intergas now, but the remeha and baxis havent given me any problems when I've put them in, probably as I follow mfis but the majority of my work is service and repair and most of the new install problems I come across is down to poor workmanship and people not following mfis. So you keep slapping them in and I'll keep following you round.
.:19:

try and get british gas to do a fix price repair - just dont tell them its the pcb - otherwise i would not spend anymore on an old boiler

Remeha and baxi? I take it you don't do many installs?[/QU

I only fit intergas now, but the remeha and baxis havent given me any problems when I've put them in, probably as I follow mfis but the majority of my work is service and repair and most of the new install problems I come across is down to poor workmanship and people not following mfis. So you keep slapping them in and I'll keep following you round.
.:19:

Dont see how poor instalation can be responsible for pcb and fan failure plagued on Baxi,s.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Should I replace my boiler or just fix it (again)?? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock