Discuss Shallow seal bottle trap in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

TerryWaite

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Have came across these shallow seal bottle traps on a basin in a vanity unit, was just wondering are these suitable for this application and what other applications could you use them for. Am I right in saying they only have a 38mm seal? Would this make them more prone to syphonage?

38mm bottle trap.jpg

.....and buy Mcalpine. They do anti-syphon traps as well as the standard bottle traps. Don't buy cheap traps, the seals don't last.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Shallow seal bottle trap in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I'm remodeling our master bath. We have two 30 inch vanities with a 24 inch open space between them. Drain pipes go down into the basement of...
Replies
Views
Hi, I would appreciate any help on the below please. Can I install a reversed P-trap in a run of pipe from my sink to raise pipe? I have an...
Replies
Views
Hello, Recently I received an unusually large water bill which led me to the discovery of leaking flush valves. I have two toilets and it turned...
Replies
Views
Context for issue: Last winter the temperature switch on my boiler shorted somehow, the boiler was then running WAY too hot and ended up...
Replies
Views
Need some advice, neighbors sewer drain keeps blocking up every few months. My wife and I have always chipped in with the other three neighbors...
Replies
Views
Back