Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss self tap in screws and flues in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

ambrosia

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
how many of you put self tap in screws in all flues on new boiler installations

as far as i'm aware, vaillant are the only ones which come with the screws, but you still see so many ecotecs without the screws put in

Baxi and Worcester do too now. If it's in the mi then it needs screwing. I can't see anyone getting grief for screwing and clamping a flue either way tho.

i do gets screwed 6times per joint cost about 3 for 100

veissmann.png

for all models and lengths

Sorry guys , viessmann DO NOT require screws , the boiler shaun has just posted is not a boiler i have seen , their domestic boiler is a WB 1 C , the 200 's dont need them either, if you dont believe me ring their technical on monday morning.

Sorry guys , viessmann DO NOT require screws , the boiler shaun has just posted is not a boiler i have seen , their domestic boiler is a WB 1 C , the 200 's dont need them either, if you dont believe me ring their technical on monday morning.

Fancy a pint now don't ya?!

they do that covers
vitodens 100-W WB1 Series,
citodens 200-W WB2 Series,
Vitodens 200-W B2HA/ B2HB Series and
Vitodens 222-F B2TA/ B2TB Series
(with preinstalled coaxial vent pipe adaptor

and another point gas safe will fail any installation of any flue without screws or support

Last edited:
Their flue elbows come with 2 small little holes where you can see if the flue is starting to come apart.
Personally I would prefer them to be screwed , but as I say ring em if you dont believe me .

Their flue elbows come with 2 small little holes where you can see if the flue is starting to come apart.
Personally I would prefer them to be screwed , but as I say ring em if you dont believe me .

fail enough

question from gas safe what stops them from coming apart theres no glue no fixings : nothing and they will right you up on it

Manufacturers rule ok lol

not gas safe and they will fail you on it and my mis state different

[DLMURL]http://www.viessmann.co.uk/content/dam/internet_uk/images/products/vertical_flue_installationmanual.PDF[/DLMURL]

Last edited by a moderator:
Its an email from viessmann to one of their installers.

The only problem with expansion is over long lengths same as copper, and on anther point there's no internal expansion joint on the flue anyway eg no extra space once the flue in inserted to td (fully to stops) so it's going to expand over the length not internally

and what stops the flue expanding out of its socket like gutters on a warm day ;) eg working loose over time

Last edited:
Screw all mine, use self cutting screws from screwfix, literally a couple of seconds and its done
Easydrive Self-Drilling Low Profile Pan Head Screws 4.8 x 16mm Pk200 | Self Drilling Screws | NoLinkingToThis

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to self tap in screws and flues in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
Hi bit of a weird issue, I installed a grohe bathroom tap successfully 2 months ago bought from screwfix. Last week the right hand hot tap makes...
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Hope you have all been keeping well. A while back I decided I only wanted to fit one brand of boiler and decided on Viessmann due to...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock