Discuss Self cutting DOC - good idea or another bit of junk for the toolbox? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Ray Stafford

Saw this today for the first time. Apparently we have been selling them for ages! :) I had never seen it before.

Its a cross between a self-cutting tap and a DOC. The idea is that it is a temporary fix to allow you to drain down when there are no DOCs fitted - once drained you take it out, replace the bit of pipe that you have cut into, and fit a proper DOC so that the next plumber doesn't have the same problem.

Clever idea, or just another gadget that will haunt the van?

Attachments

• Self  cutting DOC.jpg
    Self cutting DOC.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 272
I don't know. I have emailed my mate a link to this thread, so hopefully he can answer. Maybe a new product idea for him.

He does do a 22mm wide aperture type A DOC, which he reckons allow you to drain down 77% faster than using a 15mm. Its the same principle as a normal DOC, just a bigger body, a decent gland and plenty of room for the water to flow, or the odd bit of debris to pass. Combine that with a self-cutting head, and you wouldnt have time for a cuppa whilst the system drained!
now that sounds a good idea.

These are very useful in emergencies, more so as burst pipe season is nearly upon us. If you get a call out in the wee small hours to cap a water main but can't get the water switched off, fit one of these before the burst, connect a hose to it and divert the water outside, it takes the main flow of pressure off the burst pipe, making it easier to fix the burst.

Looks excellent. Could do with a few of those. Saves dragging my wmc tap out all the time.
Just my luck to miss a freebie though lol

could have done with one of those today,40 year old system,knackerd pump and fitted by a monkey,no isos on it and no drain offs what a PITA had to disconnect a rad to drop the system only to find they were mini era valves and not 3/4 tails ,and neutral point was blocked the joys of old systems,oh and after sorting all that the gravity circ airlocked

talk about a missed oppertunity ive been using a self cut wash mac for years to drain down when theres no doc never thought there was a market for this think i even put it up in hints on here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Self cutting DOC - good idea or another bit of junk for the toolbox? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock