Discuss room stat in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

buckley plumb

this is what my landlord I work for fits to student lets

Attachments

• photo0818.jpg
    photo0818.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 63
they are put over programmable stats as wel mate like thglworm clima po2 rf etc

Awesome, where can I buy one. It would really annoy my missus as she wants the heating on and i will only turn it on when the first sighting of polar bear happens

Honeywells have stops inside so you can lock them.

I worked in a social club and they worked out how to get them past the stoppers. I think you just press really hard on the other side. So I installed the tamper proof one and a cheeky sod took a screwdriver in. Lol.

Why landlord worried? Students pay the gas bill? Or is it all included joker!

Why landlord worried? Students pay the gas bill? Or is it all included joker!

Usually all included.

I think the landlord is right to do it, because a lot of students will leave the heating on, room stat at max, even if they're not in for a whole week.

I've seen it, they'll open a window instead of turning the heating off, etc.

I had to fit a tamper proof trv in an old peoples home on a common landing, two old lads had come to fisticuffs twice, the second time the police were called, one of them was turning it up to full, the other kept turning it off, I erased all markings on the valve , they both kept turning, with no change because you had to remove the cap to alter temperature, but they were both happy thinking they had got one over the other.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to room stat in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all, as it’s starting to get chilly at night, we’re thinking of having the heating on at night… well the wife is. Which led me to wonder whats...
Replies
Views
New built home. Has a combi on a 2 heating zones. The issue boiler located inside garage has a frost stat and a status ct100 pipe stat. The boiler...
Replies
Views
Is there anyway of testing electrically with a multimeter or any other way. Of testing that when you turn a room stat up it is creating a demand...
Replies
Views
P
  • Question
Boiler is SIRIUS THREE FS 70 Potterton commercial. Situation: We are small building contractors and my labourers managed to damage the radiator...
Replies
Views
Firstly I won't be touching or going anything... I only want advice if this is right.. my partners dad has a aga that is solid fuel unregulated...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock