Discuss Roca "The Gap" close coupled , back to wall toilet. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

robertrobinson

Hi , any of you plumbers fitted this toilet? I've done about 5 now and have had leaks with them, cistern doesn't bolt on , just sits on top of pan and two screws at top hold in place , it has the plastic assembly to transfer water from cistern to toilet. Any experiences would be helpful, cheers Robert.

Hi Robert. If you're talking about the gap cleanrim. I have found the pan needs to be fixed to the wall as well as the cistern. Also that the flush pipe cones need to be siliconed as they have a tendency to turn. It's a bit of a weird one!!!

hi Aquablu, thanks for your reply, there is a cone goes into the back of the toilet before flush pipe goes in , there was a second cone, is this used aswell? instructions not to clear on this? cheers robert

From memory I think that flush pipe has a cone top and bottom. It really is a funny design!

Just an update, finally got Roca today , the small flush pipe assembly between toilet and cistern has been troublesome and an updated replacement is available through Roca or supplying merchant (re Roca The Gap clean rim)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Roca "The Gap" close coupled , back to wall toilet. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello All, Was looking for some innovative ideas from you all.šŸ˜Š Iā€™m renovating a bathroom in a flat. The soil, hot & cold water pipe runs stops me...
Replies
Views
Any ideas on the a decent flush to wall close coupled toilet/brand? Should I just go for Victoria Plumb Orchard brand? Just to clarify I'm not...
Replies
Views
P
Our builder set up the soil pipe and supply for the closed couple toilet but says it's actually impossible to connect to the wall securely (ie he...
Replies
Views
Hello, I'm seeking advice on resolving the persistent blockage issues with my downstairs toilet. A year ago, I replaced an 80s close-coupled...
Replies
Views
Iā€™d like to replace the toilet in my house with a back to wall one. The plan is to build a panel on stud work to conceal the cistern and then use...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock