Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Riello 40 G2S replaced with a Riello RDB ? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

husky

hi - i have a faulty Riello 40 G2S burner - i think it ran out of oil but after a refill it still wouln't fire - runs for about 20 sec then locks out.

oil is getting to the pump ok but not to the nozzle or are damper valve - i think it might be the pump solenod vaive not being activated by the control box?

however, i just found on gumtree that a company near me is offering a reconditioned/guaranteed Riello RDB for £80.

does anyone know if this will directly replace my old burner or offer any other advice regarding - cheers.

Have you taken off the nozzle to check if it's full of dirt? If you've run out a lot of crap from bottom of tank can get into both pump and nozzle. There's also a filter in pump that might need cleaned. It's no problem replacing it with RDB but I've found the G3 is less problematic

you would benefit fm an engineer looking before you cough for a burner that might not be working as well, so you know your airlock has cleared!

Rather than playing with something you obviously know nothing about get somebody in that does.

Oil is just as dangerous as gas.

Completely agree. It's a simple fix for a qualified and experienced person.

Regardless the new burner would need to be set up by an engineer, basicly recommission the the boiler !!!
If you dont have this done then bye bye new burner or boiler too...../family members life...

which is going to cost you more and the new ”reconditioned" burner will have been goosed and gotten going for a fool to buy.

Get it looked at and quit playing

Have you taken off the nozzle to check if it's full of dirt? If you've run out a lot of crap from bottom of tank can get into both pump and nozzle. There's also a filter in pump that might need cleaned. It's no problem replacing it with RDB but I've found the G3 is less problematic

cheers - already cleaned nozzle/filter but no debris found - also cleaned pump screen filter - again nothing - pump is rotating freely & plastic drive coupling is ok - disconnected nozzle output pipe at pump & run - no fuel.

however did find that the tank to inline filter unit inlet port really badly clogged - would have bet on that being the problem - no joy

cheers - already cleaned nozzle/filter but no debris found - also cleaned pump screen filter - again nothing - pump is rotating freely & plastic drive coupling is ok - disconnected nozzle output pipe at pump & run - no fuel.

however did find that the tank to inline filter unit inlet port really badly clogged - would have bet on that being the problem - no joy

Get someone in who knows what they're doing, you're barking up the wrong tree....

Get someone in who knows what they're doing, you're barking up the wrong tree....

look with all due respect, if you don't wish to past on any information technically relevant to my post then i would kindly request that you don't reply - anyway there seems to be too many sunday morning sore heads on this forum so good bye & thanks to the few that provided useful info.

Get an engineer .....
incompetence in most things in life equals hilarity to others.
in our industry it ends up as a news story and a broken family.....

Billy's wife (Barbie) left him for ken, Barbie found out that ken could fix stuff too with the help on screwfix forums. Billy's kids Milwaukee mike and his daughter makita are not from a broken home. Just a DIY home

I couldn't "recondition" an RDB burner and sell it for £80, so can't see how anyone else could.
If you buy the RDB burner you will still have a second hand burner and it might be the wrong tyoe & you may have the wrong nozzle in it plus it needs commissioned or it will probably waste a lot of Kerosine.

look with all due respect, if you don't wish to past on any information technically relevant to my post then i would kindly request that you don't reply - anyway there seems to be too many sunday morning sore heads on this forum so good bye & thanks to the few that provided useful info.

Want to make it a permanent goodbye? You've been told what to do, go and do it before you create more problems for yourself!

Not by me Si.

Makes me die every time, punters come on here all the time but some still throw their toys out the pram when our answers don't match their expectations.

OP has a better burner at the moment, we both have a good idea what's wrong and how to fix it and we've the necessary tools to ensure its safe and efficient operation afterwards. He hasn't.

Guess rocket science isn't as easy as people believe.

I couldn't "recondition" an RDB burner and sell it for £80, so can't see how anyone else could.
If you buy the RDB burner you will still have a second hand burner and it might be the wrong tyoe & you may have the wrong nozzle in it plus it needs commissioned or it will probably waste a lot of Kerosine.

hi - thanks for the civil & informative reply - i too am very sceptical about the price but will enquire further tomorrow - they're called boilermagic newtownabbey - you might know them?

with regards to my present burner problem - as thought, after voltage tests, a s/hand control unit fixed it however as my burner is 23 yrs old with no previous faults (other than the one mentioned) i intend to replace it asap.

hi - thanks for the civil & informative reply - i too am very sceptical about the price but will enquire further tomorrow - they're called boilermagic newtownabbey - you might know them?

with regards to my present burner problem - as thought, after voltage tests, a s/hand control unit fixed it however as my burner is 23 yrs old with no previous faults (other than the one mentioned) i intend to replace it asap.

I know of boilermagic.

Let's just say you pay your money you take your chances.

Oh, and incidentally, all responses were civil and informative. And all were concerned with your safety and well being.

And we don't need to watch soaps. We get enough drama in real life.

lol - you've been watching too many soaps.

actually i sent a heavily pregnant lady to hospital.
her husband moved the oil boiler and didn't do it right.
had carbon monoxide spilling into the kitchen

She rang my boss up because the boiler didn't sound right, when i got there she had a bowl to be sick in and had a splitting head ache!

might seem like a joke to you but we notice every little news story on boilers being played with, gas explosions, carbon monoxide deaths and illegal installers!

BBC News - Annette Coe carbon monoxide death: Man denies manslaughter

That lady died from an incorrectly set up oil boiler which is what you would like to do!

would you say to her family that they watch too many soaps?

It doesnt make sense.

My boilers not working. I dont have the gear to fix it, but ive cleaned and played with bits i have no clue about.
Still not working, but im gonna buy a reconditioned burner for £80, but i dont have the experience or the equipment to install and commission it.

Doh!

I know, ill get an experienced engineer in who will be able to repair my existing burner in a crack.

Now that decision is not rocket science.

A good guy in all walks of life should know his limitations and except the need to call on somebody who knows what they are doing.

If your burner is 23yrs old, I presume the rest of the boiler is also. There's no point putting a new burner in a 23 yr old boiler you need a complete new system 20% more efficient at least

If your burner is 23yrs old, I presume the rest of the boiler is also. There's no point putting a new burner in a 23 yr old boiler you need a complete new system 20% more efficient at least

its an oily, keep it going as long as you can !

It doesnt make sense.

My boilers not working. I dont have the gear to fix it, but ive cleaned and played with bits i have no clue about.
Still not working, but im gonna buy a reconditioned burner for £80, but i dont have the experience or the equipment to install and commission it.

Doh!

I know, ill get an experienced engineer in who will be able to repair my existing burner in a crack.

Now that decision is not rocket science.

A good guy in all walks of life should know his limitations and except the need to call on somebody who knows what they are doing.

lol who writes you're script? - i suppose in this life you're a "good guy" & perfect in all respects? - i fixed the burner using my obviously limited knowledge as a degreed electrical engineer (see previous post) - this evening i also replaced the two in/out flexi hoses & the inline filter - could i replace the burner or the boiler? - yes most definitely as its hardly "rocket science". - could i install a basic central heating system - no as i know my limitations.

You clearly DON'T know your limitations.

Have you an FGA, smoke gun, oil gauge to set it up and ensure it won't kill you?

No.

You're a dangerous idiot and have no place on these forums.

Goodbye.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Riello 40 G2S replaced with a Riello RDB ? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
Hi guys. I'm trying to identify a toilet model before ordering a seat for a customer. I went to what used to be a Roca stockist (they no longer...
Replies
Views
Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock