Search the forum,

Discuss Replace toilet inlet valve in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi folks. Almost certainly a stupid question but can I replace a bottom entry inlet valve with any generic version as long as it is 1/2" like the previous one and the dimensions of the mechanism fit in the cistern? The current valve is a roca which I would need to order and wait for but can pick up a different brand from nearby merchants. thanks

Reply to Replace toilet inlet valve in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

i have 3 sottini toilets with a compact cistern. It has an ideal standard dual flush mechanism. 2" entry The ideal standard is poor quality in my opinion, I have replaced the washer and complete unit several times but it always leaks within a short time (between 0-18 months), I would like to...
Replies
Views
Hi Just had a new bathroom installed with a toilet bowl that reaches the back wall. Its has a bottom entry cold feed to the cistern. The fitter put an isolation valve on the pipe work for this :-(, the copper pipe comes up from a plastic pipe push fit. See photo. I did a tissue paper test and...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
M
Hi, we had underfloor heating installed about 15 years ago. Some of the actuator valves are now leaking and we need to replace them. I'm trying to source some that fit. The plastic caps which came with the originals had the 'Watts' brand on. I've tried ordering a couple of the most common valves...
Replies
Views
My double flush toilet has developed a fault. It won't stop filling eve when I pull the float arm right up. I have replaced the inlet valve diaphragm but this has made no difference What else can i try?
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock