Discuss Radiator sizing in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

stokecity

Gas Engineer
does anyone know a quick method of sizing rads without using a mears calc or a computer program. an old plumber once told me cube the room up in foot then times 5 then this is BTU.....something like that anyway

does anyone know a quick method of sizing rads without using a mears calc or a computer program. an old plumber once told me cube the room up in foot then times 5 then this is BTU.....something like that anyway

this method is only a very rough guide and doesnt take into account the differences in the type of room, or of a real allowance for heat loss and each house type is different, how quickly do you want to do it, with a mears calculator it will take about 10 mins to work out the exact requirement, then remember to take into account the delta T adjustment as the rad lists use a specific delta T you need to adjust to suit the actual delta T you have for each room

the free online calculator on the city plumbing website is very accurate, i have checked a couple of my free hand calculations against it and it was very close.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Radiator sizing in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock