Discuss Radiator on studs on top of bricks in the USA Plumbers Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Am I missing something?

You have the battens where you need them, lucky!, so you don’t need corefix or any of the equivalents.
Please reread post 10.

Am I missing something?

You have the battens where you need them, lucky!, so you don’t need corefix or any of the equivalents.
Please reread post 10.
To hit the battens I would need to place the radiator in an aesthetically sub-optimal position with respect to the window above it (i.e., not centered).

This is being really over-thought. Mark up an aesthetically optimal position and use 7mm holes and short lengths of copper tube as mentioned above, nothing's going to crack, the copper tube against the brick and rad brackets will do the job of holding it in place. I've got a rad about that size in my bedroom held up by 4 pigs tails, been there 15 years.

I thought by the OPs question that the rad was standing on stud and bricks! ... seen worse in some houses 😄
Go with above and I'll go back to my breakfast

This is being really over-thought. Mark up an aesthetically optimal position and use 7mm holes and short lengths of copper tube as mentioned above, nothing's going to crack, the copper tube against the brick and rad brackets will do the job of holding it in place. I've got a rad about that size in my bedroom held up by 4 pigs tails, been there 15 years.
Thanks. Yes, I overthink, especially when doing something new. Better safe than sorry :)

Reply to Radiator on studs on top of bricks in the USA Plumbers Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back