Search the forum,

Discuss Push fit copper elbows onto plastic speedfit pipe in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have added a new radiator and pipework but unfortunately I have a joist that is directly below where I need a 15mm elbow to connect up to the radiator. I have used plastic speedfit piping and fittings throughout which means if I notch out the joist the notch would be too big as the plastic fittings are bulkly. I am thinking using a smaller Cuprofit pushfit copper elbow would be suitable as they are much smaller therefore I will be able to notch the joint out without risking weakening it. My question is this.....Has anyone had experience or knows that if I am able to connect 15mm speedfit piping onto a copper pushfit connections. This will then be connected to a copper pipe tp the radiator. Thanks. ps. there is no way I can drill through the joist as there is no room on the other side to fit an elbow.

I would put a bit of copper in either side of the copper pushfit (one to the rad and one across the notched joist) then a speedfit straight connector between the copper pipe and the speedfit pipe between the joists. Or use a solder copper elbow instead of copper pushfit

Are you using copper tails up into the rad valves ? If so, one soldered elbow out of position with a push fit coupling clear of the joist, job done.
And smaller than any push fit fitting.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Push fit copper elbows onto plastic speedfit pipe in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

In the photo there is a grey 32mm push fit elbow between the sink trap and down pipe. I want to replace the elbow with a "male" push fit tee attached to an air admittance valve to stop gurgling noises. I can't find a tee fitting that description, can anybody offer a solution as you can see space...
Replies
Views
Our house was built in 2007 and we are the second family to live here - moving in in 2017. The central heating has been working fine - although the gas boiler is perhaps nearing the end of its life. But the boiler is not our current issue. Last winter two of the radiators did not heat up and...
Replies
Views
Hello, I have a troublesome fixed 15mm copper pipe with isolation valve going to my toilet fill valve. It's too tight for a Flexi hose. Can I use a push fit tap connector instead which will give me more flexibility in fitting?
Replies
Views
Hello hello,, Hoping there are some experts or experienced Bulgarian plumbing chaps in this site ?. Here in the UK I can fit a bathroom just with the experience I have picked up over a lifetime. I can make copper pipe runs isolaters taps sink shower etc but me and the missus have bought a small...
Replies
Views
S
Hi, hope all is well! I’ve fitted a compression cap on two of my shower mixer copper pipes (15mm). One of them has scratches and burring and is very slightly out of shape. It leaked but I added some PFTE tape over the olive and it seems to of done the job. However… I’m tiling the wall and...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock