Discuss Proximity of flue in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't like it, feel its too close. If the flue near the flat doesn't bother the people in the flat that's fine, it's also their output, not someone else's being imposed on them. I hope you can see from that perspective.

Bigger things in life to worry about.

If a low level flue had to be 2.5m from a boundary than there's a lot of illegal flues around. I don't think it breaches any rules, or any that will force it to be moved.

With the height the flue has been positioned then I would suggest that the installer has already raised it internally to prevent it being as much of a nuisance if it had been sticking out at 1.8m with a terminal guard.

Your only issue is that on the occasion that the boiler is running and the wind is blowing in the right direction and the boiler is condensing and you just happen to be walking past, then for a split second you will pass through the steam generated.

Get a quote from a Gas safe engineer for adjustment work. Talk to neighbour offering to pay for it. Problem solved. Everyone's happy ! Well maybe ;-)

I don't think you are going to get the answer you are wanting. If you feel aggrieved than pursue through Gas Safe. I don't know if they will charge you to come and look at it though.

I did take it up with building control, guy said it depends where you take the boundary from. That sounds nuts to me. I don't appreciate being fobbed off.

it's not ruining my life, but if I can get something done about it I will, & best do it soon as.

Off you go then....seem to know what route you're taking.

why does anyone think gas safe will give a hoot, it is a building control issue and they have already pased it if the extn is built and lived in

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Proximity of flue in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
We are considering buying a house which currently has a 20 year old Ideal Icos boiler, so we're factoring in replacing the boiler soon. Current...
Replies
Views
My installation has been classed as Dangerous 'Do not use' by my boiler manufacturer. I have an Ideal Logic 30kw Combi boiler mounted as high as...
Replies
Views
P
Im aware of the regulations that say you can not position a flue on a boundary wall if this blows into your neighbours garden, but does this still...
Replies
Views
E
Hi all, Apologies if this has been covered elsewhere but I can't find an answer to my questions. I have a back boiler and gas fire which h has...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock