Search the forum,

Discuss Flue position - will this be a problem? in the Gas Engineers Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

We are considering buying a house which currently has a 20 year old Ideal Icos boiler, so we're factoring in replacing the boiler soon. Current boiler is on an external kitchen wall with the flue going straight out. However, it's positioned in between a door and the kitchen window, quite close to both. Presume if we get a new boiler, the flue would have to meet current regs? Does this look like it would be a problem? I have no knowledge about this sort of thing so don't know if I'm misunderstanding, but some websites say it has to be 300mm from windows and doors, and some say it's got to be 1200mm away from doors,
which this clearly isn't.

Is there likely to be a straightforward solution if the current flue position doesn't meet regs, or would we have to look at moving the boiler? There is just nowhere it could be moved to in the kitchen without ripping out some of the brand new fitted units, so it's something we need to consider if we're going to buy this house. I'd be really grateful for any advice. Thank you.
Screenshot_20231128_214959_Samsung Internet.jpg

Good evening Snuggles. For most Boiler Manufacturers nowadays it’s 300mm from any window or opening and 2000mm from the floor. You should be ok when getting a new one fitted. But I would recommend you get a local Gas Safe Registered Installer to take a look to double check. Most don’t charge to put a quote together.

Harvest

Last edited:
Good evening Snuggles. For most Boiler Manufacturers nowadays it’s 300mm from any window or opening and 2000mm from the floor. You should be ok when getting a new one fitted. But I would recommend you get a local Gas Safe Registered Installer to take a look to double check. Most don’t charge to put a quote together.

Harvest
Hi, thank you for the reply. It's confusing, as I've seen a few sources online which say it should be 1200mm from doors, but others say 300mm. But getting an installer to take a look sounds a good idea, thank you.

Reply to Flue position - will this be a problem? in the Gas Engineers Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all. Hope you have all been keeping well. A while back I decided I only wanted to fit one brand of boiler and decided on Viessmann due to space for servicing and changing parts if ever needing to. I am finding my decision rather hard due to the different clearances on flue runs and cupboards...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer warming up. The heat exchanger has been changed 6 months ago, so I do not believe it is that. Does anyone have any ideas on what it could be? Thanks
Replies
Views
Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up to 1.3. I've had an engineer look inside the boiler and he can't see anything wrong. I've checked the pipes all over the house and cannot see any...
Replies
Views
I have had a look at previous posts and think I know the answer to this but just before I make it worse could I just check what you think about this one. Granddaughter just moved house and this valve decided to leak when it was closed. When open its fine. Normally I have repacked the gland on...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock