Search the forum,

Discuss Problem with Heatrae Sadia Multipoint 30 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

GeorgeOz

Hi there,

In one of our office buildings we have a heatrae sadia multipoint 30 heating 3 basin taps in the ladies toilets and maybe another 3 in the mens, although I'm not certain of this. I have to do water temp tests each month and the temp for these taps hardly ever goes over 40 degrees and the thermostat on the boiler is at maximum.

Does anyone know why they aren't getting hotter? I think they need to be over 50 or 60 degrees.

Thanks,

George

How far away from the unit are the taps? You may have an issue with the thermostat or element. Have you tested either of these?

The first lot of taps is supplies is probably 4m away from boiler and the best lot would be about double that so 8m.

Although until I get confirmation of if these boilers are supplying the ladies (the boilers are installed in the cleaners cupboard in ladies toilets) and the men's toilets as well then I'm not 100%

Apologies, I know I'm not being of much help to try and solve this at the moment.

... Also I have not tested the element or the thermostat as I wouldn't know how to test these at the moment! (I'm a plumber in training)!!

If you are a trainee plumber then how about turning of the water supply into the water heater & going to check which of the hot taps stop working ?
Second have you felt the outlet pipe from the water heater, is it 40 or 60+ deg C (warm = 40, to hot to hang onto for more that a few seconds = 60+). If outlet is hot then there maybe a thermostatic blending valve is installed local to the basins to prevent scalding at basins.
If only warm, I am with Howsie, need to check thermostat is working correctly.

Last edited:
I can't turn off the supply as they are in constant use from staff in this office. To do that I would need to notify EVERYONE and do a method statement / risk assessment etc etc! They are very health and safety orientated! I know it sounds silly but that's honestly how they are.

I didn't think of feeling the outlet from the boiler, how stupid do I sound! Thanks for that, I'll check now and get back to you.

I have just checked the outlet and it is very hot. I then checked under the basins and inside the unit there is a thermostatic mixing valve or in this case a static mixing valve as there is no thermostat on it. Can this be adjusted in anyway to allow more hot water through than cold?

I have just checked the outlet and it is very hot. I then checked under the basins and inside the unit there is a thermostatic mixing valve or in this case a static mixing valve as there is no thermostat on it. Can this be adjusted in anyway to allow more hot water through than cold?
Yes, but that would defeat the object of having a blending valve installed wouldn't it ?
So long as it is installed "at point of use" than the water temp at the hot taps can be hand hot -normally 41 C.
Have a look at this - [DLMURL]http://www.ciphe.org.uk/Global/Databyte/Safe%20Hot%20Water.pdf[/DLMURL]

Last edited by a moderator:
Has it got a plastic cap that can be removed, it may reveal a screw/hex key.Depending on its age I would think it would adjust, however if its a ancient one I would be very care full adjusting it , mark my words it, will leak !!!!. TMV'S are quite cheap I would be tempted to put a new one on, or at least have one at the side of you in case.

:iagree: sound advice. but he couldn't carry out the work as it would involve a method statement & risk assessments. LOL

George, you may have already found this one but I could not find to include it in the above, it is worth a look as it will explain why we fit thermostatic blending valves.
[DLMURL]http://www.ciphe.org.uk/Global/Databyte/Domestic%20Hot%20Water%20Scalding%20CIPHE%202009t%201.pdf[/DLMURL]

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi thanks for getting back to me... I have taken an image of the TMV.

You can view image at: http://puu.sh/6Iqhx.jpg

I've just read that PDF you linked to. I have now emailed that to the facilities manager of the company who are occupying our building so he knows it doesn't need to be over 50 degrees and in actual fact the temperatures I am getting are pretty good!

Thanks all for your help, I really do appreciate it!

George

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Problem with Heatrae Sadia Multipoint 30 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hi guys. I'm trying to identify a toilet model before ordering a seat for a customer. I went to what used to be a Roca stockist (they no longer are) and one of the guys there reckoned it might be "The Gap". I went to the new stockist and the guy there disagreed it was "The Gap" and that he'd...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock