Discuss problem shower in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

neverending

When I turn on my shower, one shower pump automatically comes on for both cold and hot, so I'm assuming that I have a twin impeller pump installed somewhere in the flat.

But I've noticed that the hot water always dominates so that I can never achieve warm, luke warm or even cold water.

Could it be that the pump is pumping the hot water but for some reason, it's not pumping correctly the cold?

Is there a setting on the pump (which I need to locate first) which I can adjust to correct the problem?

I have never come across a twin impeller with an adjustment but that does not mean they don't exist. However I would start by looking at the shower mixed which is the usual place for this kind of adjustment. It is also possible that there is a filter on the inlet to the pump which is a bit clogged up. What make of mixer and pump are we talking about here?

I'm still trying to locate where the pump is before I can establish which make it is. I can hear it but can't see it. The developers of the flat very cleverly sealed it in somewhere.

In your reply you said 'shower mixed'. Did you mean 'shower mixer'? Maybe there is a problem with the mixer.

Last edited by a moderator:
It is most likely to be adjustment of the shower valve that is needed. What make of shower valve do you have and is it thermostatic?
Steve

I've established the pump is a Triton Power Shower. I photographed it, emailed pic to Triton who promptly informed me that whoever connected it in the first place has put the cold on the hot and hot on the cold. I've switched them over and now the device is working fine.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to problem shower in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Our kitchen mixer tap has started dripping. Like so much of the plumbing in our almost new build bungalow, it is lacking! The plumber didn't...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock