Discuss Powerflushing Microbore ... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

DavidGee

I seem to have got different advice from local installers with regard to cleansing the central heating system prior to installing a boiler

I have "twin entry" valves on the radiators and have been told that:

* Powerflushing can be done as normal

* Powerflushing is not possible with microbore / twin entry valves, the radiators will have to be removed and flushed outside.

I am not too sure where to go on this one, as an aside can powerflusing actually harm the system i.e. cause leaks by putting pressure on joints / connectors etc?

I am only changing the boiler due to age, the central heating works well and other than having to have a motor replaced some years ago it has never given any issues, given this I am not too sure what to do for the best

Any advice would be appreciated.

Im guessing yous dont own a powerflush and justify that a mag clean is sufficient even though lots or carp isnt magnetic.
And just rely on normal flow from boiler even though it might be caked up.

Ill stick with doing a proper job
And properly clean & protect the customers investment

I rent a PF as already stated no requirement to power flush a system , not everybody can afford the extra cost either . What do you do then ?

Sorry love i don't want your £4000 profit for a boiler change as you can't afford a PF on top

Daftness

OK, so does this mean that i need to speak to the manufacturers to get their take on what needs to happen with regard to the flushing of the system?

I would ring the manufacturer of your chosen new boiler and ask them ? Simple ?
Get it in writing well an email or something as everyone seems to love a bit of paper these days !

I rent a PF as already stated no requirement to power flush a system , not everybody can afford the extra cost either . What do you do then ?

Sorry love i don't want your £4000 profit for a boiler change as you can't afford a PF on top

Daftness

Im confused
So you rent one but theres no requirement to flush you say. So it stays in the back of your van ?....nope ??

Of course it doesnt because if you rent one you know you need one as chemicals alone wont always work on clogged systems or systems where the boilers D.O.A.

Extra cost ??
Not necessarily.
I own one and its paid for.
No cost on top to cover rental.

We have different approaches.
And obviously different profit levels :p

4k profit for a boiler swap.....think ill have a lie in and pass that one by...
Mine start at £4001.50

Last edited by a moderator:
Im confused
So you rent one but theres no requirement to flush you say. So it stays in the back of your van ?....nope ??

Of course it doesnt because if you rent one you know you need one as chemicals alone wont always work on clogged systems or systems where the boilers D.O.A.

Extra cost ??
Not necessarily.
I own one and its paid for.
No cost on top to cover rental.

We have different approaches.
And obviously different profit levels :p

4k profit for a boiler swap.....think ill have a lie in and pass that one by...
Mine start at £4001.50

Typo ,

If it stays in my van that would be classed as theft
extra cost ? so you power flush for free?

As already said no requirement to power flush upto the cust if they wish,

you posting on power flushing makes no weight wether it should or shouldn't as its not a legal requirement

Hi Phil, understand it's your choice to PF every boiler change, all be it not a requirement, but you must make an additional charge on each job to cover extra time, and any maintenance costs on the PF unit, But you must have come across systems that it is not possible to PF, I like you own my own unit and have done so for over 10 years, But I don't think its necessary to PF every job, but that's my choice based on the condition of the system, & meny years experience in the trade ! I find that in this area (soft Water) using a good quality cleaner with filter works just as well, PF-ing does not guarantee to remove everything in the system, With your commitment and insistence on PF-ing are you by any chance ex BG ? What Hammers is saying, if he deems it necessary to PF something then he will hire a unit,

Now now play nicely

I guess if you can only retort with insults it says a lot about you ?

Seen it 100s of times before.
Lose the argument - become insulting.

The glaring thing is we evidently are poles apart in how we approach jobs.
and my business model is nothing like yours. But that's cool and I haven't a problem with that.

There is no fixed guidelines that say the old systems MUST be powerflushed. Every job is different and the installer needs make call. If some powerflush as a matter of coarse wither system requires or not then that is their business.
The Manufactures only state a cleanser must be used and flushed through to clear systems. But Worcester do state a powerflush MAY be required.

We all agree that they terrible twin entry valves MUST be replaced!

There is no fixed guidelines that say the old systems MUST be powerflushed. Every job is different and the installer needs make call. If some powerflush as a matter of coarse wither system requires or not then that is their business.
The Manufactures only state a cleanser must be used and flushed through to clear systems. But Worcester do state a powerflush MAY be required.

We all agree that they terrible twin entry valves MUST be replaced!

Well trust Worcester to state the obvious , but PF-ing is not the answer to everything, that some people think it is ! Phill does all of his, I do the ones I think needs it, costumers do get he option but at extra cost, Takes an extra day to do a proper flush and is better with 2 people.

Phill does all of his

No your mis quoting me or you have difficulty with straight facts.
Read my posts again and

Please point me toward where I state I do all mine ???
Im waiting.

What i was saying is those who flush with a magnetic filter only, in my opinion is half a job and if your going to go to the trouble - do it properly in my opinion.

Then your honor, we have those amongst us stating legal standpoint lol

Someone else stated theres no requirement to flush.
I stated there is reference to flushing in the DBSCG.
Again I made no reference to power flushing - I stated flushing.

READ MY POSTS AGAIN.

Some on here need to go to specsavers and learn to read.

No wonder some plumbers have a bad name for poor quality work.
They cant even absorb basic information without getting themselves in a muddle

No your mis quoting me or you have difficulty with straight facts.
Read my posts again and

Please point me toward where I state I do all mine ???
Im waiting.

What i was saying is those who flush with a magnetic filter only, in my opinion is half a job and if your going to go to the trouble - do it properly in my opinion.

Then your honor, we have those amongst us stating legal standpoint lol

Someone else stated theres no requirement to flush.
I stated there is reference to flushing in the DBSCG.
Again I made no reference to power flushing - I stated flushing.

READ MY POSTS AGAIN.

Some on here need to go to specsavers and learn to read.

No wonder some plumbers have a bad name for poor quality work.
They cant even absorb basic information without getting themselves in a muddle

Sorry to upset you ! but you give the impression that you PF all your boiler changers, and that only using chemicals & a filter is only doing half a job, so do you PF all of your upgrades ? or do you to, some times also only do half a job ?
slighting people on there ability to read and absorb information again gives the impression that you are a little arrogant ,and don't like criticism , we all make mistakes even you, unless you believe that you are infallible

Not arrogant.
Annoyed when mis quoted because some are too lazy to read properly

Some may also conclude some self righteous "pork" spectators are both provocative and arrogant with their "I know better" attitude

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Powerflushing Microbore ... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock