Search the forum,

Discuss Potterton 5122147 Heat Exchanger question. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

dles1966

Hi All,

Just about to replace the heat exchanger on my Potterton Promax Combi 28 HE plus.

The part number is 5122147.

There is a rear plate of insulation in the back of the heat exchanger which has a thin plastic protective film over it, which I presume needs removing before fitting but there does not seem to be any way to take the insulation out. The boiler installation and Service Manual shows a small screw in the centre but my replacement (and the original, leaking/rusty one do not have this screw).

Does anyone know how to remove this rear insulation?

Worst case is I can take the original to bits as it is useless but I would prefer to know before I start the job.

Thanks

This question should be in the private gas safe section.
If you are gsr then you will need to contact Admin to gain access to the forum.

This is not a DIY job.
This plumbing forum will not provide advice to anybody with regards to boiler repairs or any other form of gas plumbing without you first providing us with your Gas Safe Registration number in a thread - for very obvious reasons. If you're not qualified to touch gas, you should stay well clear of trying to!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Potterton 5122147 Heat Exchanger question. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have a thermal store heated by a boiler with its own thermostat. I also have a stove with a back boiler. The stove heats water in a separate tank. There is a thermostat on this second tank that pushes hot water over to the store tank when it's hot. It's a closed loop and goes through a heat...
Replies
Views
Hi all New Diverter valve going in mid week ( subject to eng being available) and from my previous discussion, the dhw plate heat exchanger could also be causing the bypass to lift. So I have sourced a potential replacement dhw plate heat exchanger to go in at same time, but the original part...
Replies
Views
Dear All New member here, coming looking for help. A few weeks ago I had work carried out by a British Gas Homecare service technician. It required a drain and refill of the system, and as he left, he advised my I would need to bleed all the radiators, at some point, given a few days, when...
Replies
Views
We live in a 1980s four-bedroom detached house. The time has come for new central heating. The current system is a mild revision of the original heating installed when the house was built, and this revision was largely to replace a life-expired boiler: non-condensing fan flue boiler open...
Replies
Views
Hello all and Merry Christmas, We are in the process of planning the replacement of our 50-year old heating boiler serving a residential block of 12 flats with a total of 60 radiators. It is a vented single-pipe heating system, which has not been properly maintained, and we only recently...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock