Search the forum,

Discuss Multiple thermostats and heat exchanger question in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

I have a thermal store heated by a boiler with its own thermostat. I also have a stove with a back boiler. The stove heats water in a separate tank. There is a thermostat on this second tank that pushes hot water over to the store tank when it's hot. It's a closed loop and goes through a heat exchanger before returning to the stove. The thermal store has a loop going into the heat exchanger and there is a thermostat on the stove pipe, that when it detects hot water activates a pump on the thermal store side, taking the heat from the stove circuit.

The boiler normally heats the thermal store temperature to about 67 degrees. For the heat exchanger to work correctly, and take heat from the stove circuit, what should the other two thermostats be set to?

In the drawing attached, they are A- store thermostat, B- heat exchanger thermostat and C- stove thermostat. (Apologies for crude drawing and symbols may not be industry standards but hopefully you know what I mean)

Thanks

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230921-204152.png
    Screenshot_20230921-204152.png
    307.5 KB · Views: 15

Reply to Multiple thermostats and heat exchanger question in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock