Search the forum,

Discuss Possible relocation to Worcester in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

markadams

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Hi,

I am currently based in wales but am investigating the possibility of moving to Worcester (where my partner lives). I am a Gas Safe engineer and a Qualified Electrician. I have been self employed for several years.

I am just interested in any opinions from people who live in the area as to how busy they are and the potential for getting work in a new area also what the average rates are in the area.

no one tells the truth if you call them for info on business if your competition. get your other half to ring round on her mobile for prices to find out rates though.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi,

I am currently based in wales but am investigating the possibility of moving to Worcester (where my partner lives). I am a Gas Safe engineer and a Qualified Electrician. I have been self employed for several years.

I am just interested in any opinions from people who live in the area as to how busy they are and the potential for getting work in a new area also what the average rates are in the area.

i think they are flooded at the moment,lots of hydro block failures

no one tells the truth if you call them for info on business if your competition. get your other half to ring round on here mobile for prices to find out rates though.

Following on from my error in another post which you kindly pointed out it`s her mobile not here mobile. lol

Following on from my error in another post which you kindly pointed out it`s her mobile not here mobile. lol

remember what I said about keeping my stress levels down :)

Just have another drink mate it works for me and sincerely hope you are not duty standby mechanic tonight.

I hope it stays in the shed, most of the crew are imbibing large amounts of tonic..

It's not the nicest place to relocate too!

If you do there are a couple of places to avoid tolladine was one of the bad areas and I think the other was St. John's (on the Bromyard side of town)

Same with most places though loads of plumbers all looking for work on the plus side if you travel a few miles out of town you have some quite rich areas and I worked in a lot of lovely houses around the area.

Absolutely Abso nothing). B.

Absolutely nowt. As I'm a,southerner..
And a happy new year to you
Sorry about previous post lolz. As I'd submitted by mistake there..

Last edited:
Worcestershire has one of the lowest incomes per household in the country, also one of the highest percentages of off gas grid.

Lots of building work going on at the moment for (cheap) new properties, so lots of gas boilers to repair in 2 - 3 years time no doubt :)

Our client base aren't gas and they represent the top 0.5% of the areas population so can't really advise what the mainstream gas business would be like.

It's easy to see how well the area is served :)
1) Get the popluation stats
2) Go to the Gassafe regsister and see how many hits you get for a particular postcode area
3) Do a search on Yell and see how many hits you get..

Worcestershire has one of the lowest incomes per household in the country, also one of the highest percentages of off gas grid.

Where did you get that from? I lived in broadway Worcestershire and have worked all over Worcestershire at some point. It is a very affluent area and I very much doubt it has one of the lowest incomes in the country! There are hell of a lot worse.

That is the same as everywhere though. In Broadway the nicest part backed on to a council estate. Around Worcestershire there are plenty of job opportunities it is also within 45mins of brum so you end up with a lot of commuters and also people retiring out in the countryside.

I have found compared to the likes of Swindon and surrounding areas, Bristol and surrounding areas and South Wales are a lot worse hit than Worcestershire. And if you travel up north it is a lot more bleak.

Half of Worcestershire was grey so they couldn't be bothered with it. I never trust the newspapers as they do seem to be if it's outside the south east it's poor and not worth bothering with.

Maybe I have just been lucky in which areas that I have worked in although when I was subbed out to festival housing I got to work in the lovely areas such as the Elgar estate in Malvern the really rough estate in droitwich which name I've forgotten.

Don't go mark il miss you terribly lol on a positive note you would be back on your side of the bridge, with your chariot driving compatriates ;-)

Well with all the local infighting going on in the previous posts I would like to give you a more positive reason for a
gas fitter moving to Worcester. Cheap delivery costs on decent boilers. :yes:
Have a mate who lives in Redditch and is always snowed under with work.
Hope that helps, good luck with your move.

Don't worry Dean, I will always be on the phone when you get another boiler you cant fix lol.

Its unlikely I was just looking at options.

Mark.

I'm firmly of the opinion that vokera biasi Ariston etc should be replaced at the first sign of a fault, either that or I need to stop doing work for slumlords with a crap asset list lol

I think the latter applies as you are NEVER going to be able to repair them. Have you worked out what a multimeter does yet ??? lol

Yes my multimeter stops my analyser from moving about in the van lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Possible relocation to Worcester in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi guys. I'm trying to identify a toilet model before ordering a seat for a customer. I went to what used to be a Roca stockist (they no longer are) and one of the guys there reckoned it might be "The Gap". I went to the new stockist and the guy there disagreed it was "The Gap" and that he'd...
Replies
Views
Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could be causing this leak. Already Changed the Pump Elbow as one of the clips had popped which was causing a second small leak, Any idea? Is it time to buy...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock