Discuss Poor central heating throughout the house in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

RakC

Hello, I am after some help and advice. My Mothers home suffers from poor central heating, regardless how long the heating is on the house never really gets nice and warm. To give some background on the systems: boiler is a glow worm flexicom 18hx which was fitted in Nov 2007 following previous boiler failed (property is 15yrs old). The house was originally a 3 bed detached however the integral garage (where boiler was housed) has been converted to a bedroom with wet room which involved the installation of two more radiators. The house has 5 radiators on the ground level and 5 radiators on the first floor. Over the years through BG Homecare parts have been replaced such as pumps, valves and boilers parts. I was wondering if someone could give me some possible options to why the heating does not work as efficiently as it should. A couple of radiators may heat up well but generally they are luke warm and do not provide enough heating. I am wondering if (a) the boiler needs to be replaced for a more powerful BTU unit, (b) if it is possible that a more powerful pump is required to circulate the water better, (c) a power flush may be required, (d) any other suggestions??? Thanks if advance for any responses/help.

it could be a number of things. bad circulation because of many factors, sludge, poorly installed boiler, etc......etc......

did the heating ever work well with the old boiler?

Hi, to be honest even with the original unit the heating was never that good from what I can remember, it has always been a fairly poor heating system unfortunately

Probably down to poor design of the original system. I'd get someone in (other than BG homecare) to do a full survey of the system and recommend how to get it working properly.

plumber0808 the property is in Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire.....Mike that sounds like a possibility that it was a poor design from the start, could you give me any indication on how much a full survey could cost at all?? Cheers

well if you get the boiler serviced you may get some good advise for free? :)

post in the "im looking for a plumber section" or whatever its called and you may find somebody on here will be able to meet your needs.

Free

nobody changes for that advise. With possibility of getting the job to put it right.

yes if your being asked to quote for work, but if your being asked for a survey of the condition of a system then without knowing what work may come of it then your gunna possibly want to cover your time.

it depends what depth your going into tbh.

The boiler was serviced last month by BG but as I don't live there I didn't have the opportunity to ask any questions......the suggestion of a repipe could be worth looking into, I have always thought that the pipes going into the rads are rather thin....look about 10mm...I think will be worth ringing a few plumbers/engineers and asking about a full in-depth survey being carried out.....thanks

as a start you could check the approx rad sizes yourself by using a online calculator. this will give you an idea if the rad are sized correctly for each room.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Poor central heating throughout the house in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I have a Vailant EcoTec Boiler with a Megaflo. These are controlled by a Honeywell controller. I have one 3 port diverter, where one of the...
Replies
Views
I have a home with an oil boiler in a garage turned into a flat, heating both flat and main house, running c plan with two pumps, two motorised...
Replies
Views
Hi, Over the past few months, my wife and I have noticed a constant pulsing sound throughout the house which is particularly noisy at night (this...
Replies
Views
Hi, We moved into a new property yesterday and are a little baffled by the heating/water tank situation. The previous owners unhelpfully left any...
Replies
Views
Hoping for some advice as I seem to be hitting a brick wall. Moved into a house last year, radiators down strairs (4 of them) never really got...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock