Discuss Plumbers offshore? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Parkend_Perm

Hi all

Does anyone know of the best way for a plumber to get work in the offshore industry.

I'm told pipe fitting is the most common route offshore for plumbers but does this require extra training or qualification? If so, where can this be done.

Thanks in advance for any help.:(

think you will need good sign writing on your boat and a good plunger.

welcome to the forum.

Last edited by a moderator:
Pipe fitting is very different from domestic plumbing, I think you would need to get some experience onshore before you would get a chance offshore. Unless dad/uncle/brother/sister/mother/granny are there all ready. Its sometimes not what you know but who you know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Plumbers offshore? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I'm looking for a career change, currently working as a Mechanical Design engineer and have done so for the past 10 years, I'm now 27 years old...
Replies
Views
I’m finding it hard breaking into the industry. I’m a trainee plumber living in London Hello, I'm a trainee plumber who lives in London who's...
Replies
Views
Does anyone know please what kind of fitting this is? I have hot cold wallmounted faucets for a bathroom basin. The original taps (pictured were...
Replies
Views
Looking for advice please, our plumber has left us in it and I think I may know why. So they where supposed to be fitting a cloakroom sink...
Replies
Views
A
Hi, I am replacing a leaking push fit flexi tap connector under the bath with a compression fitting flexi. The problem is that the old pipe seems...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock