Discuss Plumber has caused leaks throughout the house in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Agreed there are always 2 sides to a story!
But at the end of the day, the op hired a professional. Who's job is to anticipate the possible interference from a third party, be it another trade person, a tenant, a minor or home owner that does not realise or know not to top up the pressure. A true professional would have made a quick risk assessment and eliminated the possibility of this happening with just a few good practice measures which lets face it, should always be carried out regardless of the property being occupied or not just to protect the property, decoration & contents. In my mind the plumber is guilty of negligence and needs to be brought to justice. Not try to blame a faulty filling loop and try to make more money out of it. Because even if the valves were faulty (which I don't believe) but given the benefit of the doubt, he still should have followed simple procedure and the flooding would not have happened faulty valves or not.

Agreed there are always 2 sides to a story!
But at the end of the day, the op hired a professional. Who's job is to anticipate the possible interference from a third party, be it another trade person, a tenant, a minor or home owner that does not realise or know not to top up the pressure. A true professional would have made a quick risk assessment and eliminated the possibility of this happening with just a few good practice measures which lets face it, should always be carried out regardless of the property being occupied or not just to protect the property, decoration & contents. In my mind the plumber is guilty of negligence and needs to be brought to justice. Not try to blame a faulty filling loop and try to make more money out of it. Because even if the valves were faulty (which I don't believe) but given the benefit of the doubt, he still should have followed simple procedure and the flooding would not have happened faulty valves or not.
Couldn't agree any more. I still have water dripping out of trvs. When he came back the next day which I think I said he did. He capped off both ends of the filling loop. But obviously the damage was already caused. So he did the right thing at the wrong time. Unfortunately Im now left with lots of damage, a big insurance claim. Dripping trvs and a plumber demanding £250 for a days wage. Also to add insult he only done 4 hours. £250 for 4 hours. That's from the time he pulled up to the time he pulled off the drive way. Insurance company sent out a company to start the drying process. I've got these great big dryer's in the house....there pretty cool. So far the insurance process has been relatively straightforward. The only thing they have said which I worried about is that the lose adjuster may consider the damage to each rooms as individual insurance claims. I.e 5 rooms damaged = 5 X £380 insurance excess.

Always two sides to a story but open ends needed capping if this had been done the passing filling loop would not have caused the problem and as the others have stated in a ideal world it also should be disconnected and capped, I feel for you here it doesn't take much to ruin your home surfaces and decor but I doubt he will admit liability seems a bit unprofessional but plenty of them out there we all get leaks from time to time it's a hazard of the job but you need to bend over backwards to rectify the issue and treat the customer and their property with respect hope it all gets resolved Regards Kop.

Why don’t ask your insurance provider what they recommend about paying the plumber and getting his insurance details etc?
I was planning to do that. He's called and messaged for the money. I'm already £380 down on the insurance excess. And of the insurance company deem the damage to each room separate then it will be £380 per room.

Issue him with an invoice for the damage he has caused minus his fee.put it in writing that you will gladly pay his fee once he has rectified the damage he had caused. I would not give him a penny until you have your property back the same as it was before he started.
I would gladly pay his fee if he puts the damage right. Or contacts his insurance. I'm getting zero help from him. All he is saying that the filling loop caused the problem and all the damage to my house is not his problem. You cant reason with people like that at all

Reply to Plumber has caused leaks throughout the house in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Some advice please about a really worrying problem. I live in a terraced 2 bed room house. 10 days ago the gas combi boiler stopped heating the...
Replies
Views
  • Question
My daughter's place has a small water leak on a ground floor radiator valve. The radiator pipework is small diameter.i.e 8 or 10 mm. A plumber...
Replies
Views
I have a leak from my shower, it's coming down into my kitchen. I've had the sealant, waste pipe and tray all checked. I've also had the shower...
Replies
Views
I had a potential leak in the island kitchen drain, but it's no longer an issue after using an auger through the clean-out pipe. The water seemed...
Replies
Views
Good evening, I'd like your opinion on something that is worrying me please: my landlady's plumber replaced the bottom/night element of my...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock