Search the forum,

Discuss No more leak island kitchen drain after unclog in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

I had a potential leak in the island kitchen drain, but it's no longer an issue after using an auger through the clean-out pipe. The water seemed to be coming out from the base of the pipe.
I've removed a section of drywall for inspection purposes. After filling both sinks with water and activating the garbage disposal, I observed a slow drainage. Around 30 seconds later, water began to emerge from the base of the pipe, forming a small pool in the drywall before eventually spilling over. Identifying the specific pipe responsible is challenging since the drain and vent pipes are in close proximity. Notably, I observed bubbles emanating from the vent side of the pipe during one instance, and subsequently, the small pool of water gradually subsided. Additionally, I observed a small hole in the vent pipe, but there are no apparent signs of water emanating from it. Any idea where the leak might be?

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-02-26 at 10.44.56 AM.png
    Screenshot 2024-02-26 at 10.44.56 AM.png
    3.2 MB · Views: 16
  • Screenshot 2024-02-26 at 10.45.12 AM.png
    Screenshot 2024-02-26 at 10.45.12 AM.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 16
  • Screenshot 2024-02-26 at 10.45.23 AM.png
    Screenshot 2024-02-26 at 10.45.23 AM.png
    2.2 MB · Views: 22
Can anyone help with this question about the sink?

Reply to No more leak island kitchen drain after unclog in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16 mm copper water pipe. I exposed the pipe by removing a ~30cm section of the plastic sleeve and a ~10 cm section of the pipe around the hole. Several...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock