Discuss Please HELP with new combi boiler , possible nightmare on my hands in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I remember a past post on here, I think you have to give them the option of making all good.
If not, your postcode NE28 sounds like a PUT RIGHT job for Ermi:)

Did they ask if they could cover the window,
Both of the lintels are not structurally sound now and anything above, bricks/floor joist
Could fall down, I would strongly advise you get a structural engineer round ASPA
They did ask if they could cover the window yes and I wasn't too bothered about it , its in a box cupboard after all . They were supposed to however take the flue into the void above they just couldn't be bothered I guess to do it .

With the covering the window I didn't know what they would use other than them saying they would board it out , I guess that means a scrappy bit of ply wood

Blimey. I'm normally the first to defend tradesmen getting a rough ride but that is something else! As others have said there doesn't appear to be a lot holding the boiler on the wall. And the flue isn't screwed unless they've been back to sort that. I'd be very concerned. I'm sure there's a local guy on here who could take a look. Alternatively give gas safe a call, they will come and inspect free of charge.
I had a feeling the job was going wrong somewhat hence why I contacted this forum , I am not an expert and know nothing about this trade so I reached out to you guys

they did do other work after the pictures you have seen but if you are referring to the flue being screwed to a bracket to hold its weight or something then it's not , it's floating .

Last edited by a moderator:
I had a feeling the job was getting worse , the job is not finished and they expected to come back to finalise things and get payments , I've said I won't confirm if they can even come back until the issue are resolved or at the very least put in writing so I gave it in black and white exactly what needs to be done , I will follow the advice of you guys and contact gas safe ASAP . I'll try to post up some pictures if it allows me but I'm unsure if it will .

the flue doesn't seal to the outside wall either so I guess it could potentially let fumes back into the house

imagejpeg
it looks like I can't post pictures from the ipad . If someone is active and is willing to post a couple of pictures I'll send them to your email straight away
thanks in advance

Last edited by a moderator:
Open a photobucket account and link from there - we all want to see the 'progress'

If the job hasn't been finished I doubt that gas safe will be able to do a great deal unfortunately.

That first picture worrys me a look seems like the lintel is moving already as already stated do not pay em a penny , have you checked there registration on the gas safe website?

If the job hasn't been finished I doubt that gas safe will be able to do a great deal unfortunately.
It is installed and switched on but there are other jobs they should have been doing like replacing valves on radiators for thermostat valves , they didn't have them all , they were going to try and fob me off and not fit them I think , anyway because of this it gave me the perfect out , they want to come back and finish the job and expected me to sign yesterday to say I was satisfied etc..and make payment , I've refused to sign or pay anything , I've said not to come back until all is sorted with the manager / owner of the company and I have it in black and white exactly what needs done and what I'm getting .
dont forget I also have 2 badly stained carpets and a big brown stain on my living room ceiling . I try to see the bright side of things but the wife is not too happy as you can imagine

I'm not a plumber but that pipework looks ok to me (don't all shout at me)

As for the mounting, that's another matter entirely - how much for a length of 4x2 and 12" of pipe for the flue ?

They are registered yes , I don't want to name them on here but I've emailed gas safe and included pictures this morning , they are yet to contact me back . I don't know how long to wait before I should expect a reply

They are registered yes , I don't want to name them on here but I've emailed gas safe and included pictures this morning , they are yet to contact me back . I don't know how long to wait before I should expect a reply

The company or the blokes who came to fit it ?

The company or the blokes who came to fit it ?

Both the company and the main fitter who came out and done the job are on , it has his picture and says

Domestic qualified for:

Caravan
Combustion Analysis
Cooker
Fire
Gas Boiler
Meters
Pipework
Range Cooker
Vented Cyl
Water Heater

I think they would on the basis of those photo's.

Shaun is perfectly at liberty to say he has lost all faith in this company after they seriously compromised the integrity of the structure of his house.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Please HELP with new combi boiler , possible nightmare on my hands in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock