Discuss Pipework for downstairs radiators on new builds in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, is there a way of first fixing the downstairs rads in 15mm (without loads of boxing ins) if the ground floor is a solid floor so can't do one drop then go under the floor to feed the rads.

Ok, is there a way of first fixing the downstairs rads in 15mm (without loads of boxing ins) if the ground floor is a solid floor so can't do one drop then go under the floor to feed the rads.

yea but more work chase the pipes in and use either plastic or 15 mm coated copper

we used to do 10mm downstairs and 8mm upstairs off manifolds on the landing, if your going to go behind dot and dab, do it before they put the boards on, its so much easier than chasing and chiselling the dabs then replastering!!

we used to do 10mm downstairs and 8mm upstairs off manifolds on the landing, if your going to go behind dot and dab, do it before they put the boards on, its so much easier than chasing and chiselling the dabs then replastering!!

i like the word used to :D no one should be using 8mm these days for heating circuits/ runs to rads

theres no reason ytou couldnt use 8mm but its a lot of trouble using two sizes just do it all in 10mm of manifolds

yea them horrible 8-10 trv adapters :D

So if it's done all in 10mm copper how do you bring the pipes out to the radiators? Sorry for all the questions have usually just fed the first floor rads in 15 from below, as down stairs has had underfloor heating.

So if it's done all in 10mm copper how do you bring the pipes out to the radiators? Sorry for all the questions have usually just fed the first floor rads in 15 from below, as down stairs has had underfloor heating.

if its upstairs then through the chip straight into valve, down stairs hole in plasterboard with elbow on 10mm pipe behind the plasterboard to get it as tight as possible, of-course all pressure tested before hand, but you never know with spreaders if you pipes are going to be where you left them

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Pipework for downstairs radiators on new builds in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I'm studying plumbing and my work mate sized the opportunity to help him installing a new radiator. I'm looking for general advice which...
Replies
Views
Looking to upgrade a couple of rads in my house but wanted to get some advice on suitability. I have a glowworm bg330 31 kw conventional boiler...
Replies
Views
I’m about to embark on a new listed building restoration project. There are seven bedrooms and three bathrooms, one of which in downstairs so not...
Replies
Views
I'm currently refurbishing a room and in the process adding some internal wall insulation. The wall has been stripped and my plumber is coming...
Replies
Views
Hi, We're in the process of a kitchen extension - old kitchen was a smaller extension which was demolished and building a new one. Trying to work...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock