Search the forum,

Discuss pipe slices in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Billy Bob Bob

Forge Steel Pipe Cutter Set 2Pc

compare in screwfix

Packs
£15.99 my apprentice has just bought lease they are identical to my bacho items[and a lot cheaper!] same factory in china perhaps?
the link dont work but you get the point

Forge Steel Pipe Cutter Set 2Pc

compare in screwfix

Packs
£15.99 my apprentice has just bought lease they are identical to my bacho items[and a lot cheaper!] same factory in china perhaps?
the link dont work but you get the point

maybe look the same but maybe yours take 4 twists and your apprentice will require to do 14 twists and time will tell how long they last :p

maybe look the same but maybe yours take 4 twists and your apprentice will require to do 14 twists and time will tell how long they last :p

he takes 14 twists any way,if he remembers which way to turn it:)

tehe!.
i have got a sset from ebay like the rottenburger n kopex type, paid ten quid for 15/22mm that was 18months ago same blade well happy.
think the only difference is branding certainly not the blade.

i got a set of monument slices 15/22mm for £17 and think there spot on.

And they even came with blades in, not quite sure what there for yet:D but im sure someone on here will tell me:D:D

I bought my slices about 15 years ago. Changed the blade about 10 times and the body about 3. But it's as good as new still :))

The drain snake, also known as a drain rodding system or drain rooter, was developed about a century ago in the United States by a man who used a washing machine motor and roller skates to build his first model. It sounds strange, but it's true! This early model of the drain snake rooter went on to sell thousands of units during the great depression, and the machine that plumbers use today to clean tree roots and other obstructions from your drains is still very similar to the original design.

:42::hanged:

They're the same as circular saws and other cutting tools. Usually come with a crap blade as standard. My circular is a p.pro from B&Q about 10 years ago, the blade lasted about 4 cuts but spent about £25 on a proper blade that cuts nails and everything and still going strong (Goes through the sparkies wires a treat!)

I bought my slices about 15 years ago. Changed the blade about 10 times and the body about 3. But it's as good as new still :))

is that like trigger in only fools and horses , having the same sweeping brush for 12 years ?

im looking for some slices mine are crap more like 20 turns lol wickes ones as ash has my 15mm slice :hammer: dint want too spent the erth on a set any one got any good links for a set

i only buy monument to support british manufacturing, because thats what put the great in "great britain" once.their dearer than the forge steel specials but the quality speaks for itself.

i only buy monument to support british manufacturing, because thats what put the great in "great britain" once.their dearer than the forge steel specials but the quality speaks for itself.
monument and rothenburger copyed kopex ,kopex invented the slice think you will find most of monument stuffs made in china and there kit is not the best quality and that goes for rothenburger as well

monument and rothenburger copyed kopex ,kopex invented the slice think you will find most of monument stuffs made in china and there kit is not the best quality and that goes for rothenburger as well

monument tools employ 45 people at its factory in hackbridge, surrey where they make most of their own pipe cutters out of aluminium alloy and plastic, these tools are marked as being made in the uk not china, i accept that with the exception of the compresion fitting spanners most other tools are imported, also monument holds patents prior to kopex for their cutters which rothenburger re-badges aswell. on the subject of rothenberger i agree the quality has nose dived over the last 10 years and dont use their stuff, most of their hand tools are manufactered in spain not china by ega-master who also supply some stuff to britool, stanley and faithfull. if you dont like monument or rothenberger whos tools do you buy?

bacho,knipex or teng or snap on, i did not say i did not like them i just said the quality's gone down

monument tools employ 45 people at its factory in hackbridge, surrey where they make most of their own pipe cutters out of aluminium alloy and plastic, these tools are marked as being made in the uk not china, i accept that with the exception of the compresion fitting spanners most other tools are imported, also monument holds patents prior to kopex for their cutters which rothenburger re-badges aswell. on the subject of rothenberger i agree the quality has nose dived over the last 10 years and dont use their stuff, most of their hand tools are manufactered in spain not china by ega-master who also supply some stuff to britool, stanley and faithfull. if you dont like monument or rothenberger whos tools do you buy?

Got me hooked,do like a bit of uk manufacturing support ,will be knocking on the merchants door in the morning,shocking up on some monument stuff,come to think of it hackbridge is just down the road,might call at the factory ,see if I can get some discount at the same time,make it a win,win situation,maybe get a few pairs of bristan taps,made in the midlands and feel really good,help me towards another day solvent weld free !!

clip art to follow,to much chose now,just can not choose:death:

what happened to the good old buy british campaign,used to save me loads of money,could never find owt to buy :rockstar:

Last edited by a moderator:
its hard to buy British rover gone,thats mass car production ended in our great Britain,baxi 105 made in italy why not preston wheres the duotec made then ??????????? i would buy British everytime trouble is nowadays it may be distributed in Britain but made in china governments present and past make it to dear for British business to survive in around about kind of way we are how own worst enemy or in my view the country's leaders are inept

that is why you should all fit wb all junior and si are build in here !!!where the premium range are imported parts just put together here in worcester

Got me hooked,do like a bit of uk manufacturing support ,will be knocking on the merchants door in the morning,shocking up on some monument stuff,come to think of it hackbridge is just down the road,might call at the factory ,see if I can get some discount at the same time,make it a win,win situation,maybe get a few pairs of bristan taps,made in the midlands and feel really good,help me towards another day solvent weld free !!

clip art to follow,to much chose now,just can not choose:death:

what happened to the good old buy british campaign,used to save me loads of money,could never find owt to buy :rockstar:

good man! footprint manufacture all their own tools in their new factory get their wrenches , chisels and saws on ebay cheap, tho not as cheap as the chinese crap. king dick make all their own spanners in most forms except adjustable their available at abbots tool on line and or quite cheap, snail brand make their own spanners and punches and even make my fave adjustable the auto wrench or monkey wrench in old money their available on ebay, melco box spanners are top notch made in england good prices at tooled-up.com.

that is why you should all fit wb all junior and si are build in here !!!where the premium range are imported parts just put together here in worcester
they are british/german stan much like my car,you will be sorry once you take a few apart,spending hours trying to change the prv or plate heat then finding all those new o rings and clips and its still incontinent

+1 thats the spirit, oe day in the near future we,r all going to drown in a sea of cheap imported crap if we dont support local manufacturing. i for one would spend a few quid more on british made products and support british workers any day, granted its not %100 possible these days but i always try to aviod imported stuff.

i took YOUR advice DANIEL:hurray: back in december when I Joint the forum last year I got my self a full range of o rings fibre washers, fuses , silicone grease

they are british/german stan much like my car,you will be sorry once you take a few apart,spending hours trying to change the prv or plate heat then finding all those new o rings and clips and its still incontinent

a valid point but arnt all new boilers the same?

at the end of the day i would buy British over anything we could do with a list whats made here and whats imported

a valid point but arnt all new boilers the same?
no strip a duotec down in a hour and a half all parts out,worcester 2.5 hours now see which one leaks everywhere on re assembly both are technically british or german or Italian or dutch????????????????????????????????????

no strip a duotec down in a hour and a half all parts out,worcester 2.5 hours now see which one leaks everywhere on re assembly both are technically british or german or Italian or dutch????????????????????????????????????

id rather work on a new boiler than change a diverter on an old 28cdi any day, takin most of the hydrolic components out just to get at it.

id rather work on a new boiler than change a diverter on an old 28cdi any day, takin most of the hydrolic components out just to get at it.
thats my point about worcesters cdi,s are a nightmare greenstars/juniors are worst

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to pipe slices in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock